Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      victoriabb12
      Participant

Hello Seth,

I’m having a hard time grasping the difference between the mind and the actions of the creation. In the Behina Dalet phase, it says in the video that it wanted to attain not the actions of the creator but the mind. It also says that it becomes independent. Can you please elaborate more on that ?

Thank you.

Sheila
        Participant

Thank you Seth. I am still a real beginner, but I am an older lady in my late 70’s, with a bit of a touch/connection above. I recognize the signs, have felt/seen them before, without the knowledge/language of kabbalah. Now is my time for tikkun and being here is helping me find my way. For KabU I am also very grateful.

victoria,
        These are good discernments that you are making.
        Let’s be clear that there is no “humans” yet in Behinate Dalet (phase 4).
        This is the primordial, archetypal structure of creation.
        We have to place ourselves in the correct context in order to understand these things.  For example a woman who is prior to being a mom is a woman, with all the qualities of a woman, some are dormant, and some are active, but she is still a woman, a woman after becoming a mom is the same person, but she is also a different person.  So let’s see where Behina Dalet is.
        The Creator wants to fill creation with endless delight, in order to do that, He created a vessel that not only will receive that light, but that will yearn and crave for that light, as the more we desire something, the more pleasure we get from it.
        In this world, the action can look opposite from the intention.  I can for example give a gift to someone that I really hate in my heart.
        In spirituality, the thought is the action.
        Behina Dalet wants to attain the quality of the Creator, as He is a bestower, so the creation wants to be a bestower.
        To be independant, well if we feel the Light, the endless pleasure filling us, then we feel complete, whole, and we wouldn’t move.  We only move in order to fulfill ourselves.  If we felt all of the Light, we would have no free will, just to do whatever we can to receive that Light.
        In order to feel ourselves and to feel who is the Creator and to feel that He is good and doing good, we go through a process of being made opposite to Him and from there we can slowly slowly build a perception of what is the Light, what is He.
        Seth@KabU

victoriabb12
          Participant

Thank you for clarifying this in simple terms, I can definitely relate to the woman/mom example, becoming a parent awakened layers of abundant & unconditional love.
          In terms of actions/intentions, how can we apply the following in our daily lives more effectively? Ex: observing Shabbas, eating kosher, etc – it seems to be actions, even though we do it to feel connected with our Creator. With what intention do we approach these actions from a Kabbalistic standpoint?

Victoria,
          We are learning the inner, spiritual meaning of all of these things.  Each spiritual root touches down on Earth and so we have a branch here, but the physical action itself does not contain holiness, the holiness is in our inner transformation and these customs were used by the kabbalists.

The Creator worked for six days, the weekdays represent the six Sefirot of Zeir Anpin: Hesed, Gevurah, Tifferet, Netzch, Hold and Yesod, the six directions.  And rested on Shabbat.
          Similarly, we should also work for six days and rest on the seventh day.   Our work is to change ourselves in accordance with these six Sefirot. When we finish that transformation the last Sefira, the seventh force, the Shabbat becomes revealed by itself, the Light will fill us and we will be as Light, and we have no work to do there, only not to interfere.

We work during the six days to resemble the Creator’s qualities of love and bestowal, and on the seventh day, we need only let the Creator perform upon us the conclusion and outcome of our six days of work.

This can all happen in a person within 15 minutes or in 2 months, it does not at all depend on the Earth spinning around the sun, however from the branches we can discern a lot about the roots, as is clear from the examples above.

We can do a deep dive for each and every mitzvah.  In short, in everything we do, whether lighting candles on Friday night or driving to work on Monday morning, we want to transform our inner world to be like the Creator.
          Seth@KabU

Ben
      Participant

Is it correct to make sense of the these phases (1,2,3) as it relates to the development of human embryo until birth?

Ben,
        You can do that.
        We are learning about the fundamental structures of reality, so you will see this pattern everywhere you look later.
        Seth@KabU

Lucky
      Participant

Is the capacity of Kli of everyone the same?, if not, what’s make the difference?

Lucky,
        It’s like there is a giant boat and we need to cross a mountain range, so we take the boat apart and each one of us carries a part of it, some of us carry a part of it together.
        A few carry the sail, an entire team carries the mast.  Someone else takes the steering wheel, etc. and we carry it over the mountains and when we get back to the water on the other side, we can put it together.  So even though some have the sail and others have a piece of wood that will go on the deck, each piece is important and needed, but all are different.
        Seth@KabU

Lucky
      Participant

It is said the Phase is macro template of everything in this world, could you please share several examples

Lucky,
        I don’t understand your question.
        What Phase is a macro of everything?
        Seth@KabU

Loyda
      Participant

In one of the suggested readings for lesson 3, it was recommended that we talk to as few people as possible and basically deal with the outside world only if necessary.  I like the idea, but I thought the purpose of Kabbalah was connection.  So when I read that, it came across as a contradiction.

Loyda,
        OK, so first of all, imagine you are a child and you went to see the Olympic figure skaters and you decide at that moment that that is what you want to do with your life.
        Mom agrees and the next day you go and buy skates and sign up for lessons.
        Now first day on the ice, do you look like the olympians?  How about after one week?  One year…five years?
        So you read something, but first of all you need to understand what it means and second of all, you need to understand that you can’t just jump on the ice and execute it.  When you do what the book says, you will already be in a good life, in contact with the Creator and harmoniously integrated with the world around you.

What the text is telling you is that we are completely influenced by the world around us, the food advertising, the political advertising, the news, the movies, the music, the fashion around us, it all influences who we are and how we think, feel and behave.

In short, you came to a place where people are studying an authentic method of spiritual attainment passed from teacher to student for 1000s of years.  In this environment is where you can talk a lot about what we are studying, but bringing this outside, no one will understand what you are talking about, you can’t go into the supermarket and start saying that there is no time and space and everything is love.
        You wrote, “only if necessary”, so more or less, that’s most of your day, kids go to school, we take care of them, we go to work, the grocery store, pay the bills, exercise to stay healthy, spend time with our relatives, so all of that is necessary and with the 1 hour of free time that you have, so there deal with your spiritual life.

Later, after you have been washed in the wisdom for some time, you will feel how it affects your thoughts and desires and it stays with you as you go to the market and work, etc.

And regarding connecting the wisdom to the outside world, this also will come later, once you integrate the wisdom there will be many opportunities to spread the wisdom in the form of books or videos, songs, poems, sharing links online, there are 1000s of ways to connect more and more people to the good.  We’ll get into all of that later.
        Good luck, take it slow and with much more nuance and everything will develop in a healthy way,
        Seth@KabU

Loyda
          Participant

Are you saying this is about talking about Kabbalah?

“We must also avoid contact with other people, except when it becomes necessary for work or for study, without deliberately shunning them, but keeping our thoughts continuously in check. When necessary, we can think of our work. The rest of the time we should devote to contemplating the purpose of life” Attaining the Worlds Beyond p.114.

My understanding was that the text was talking about my life in general, about staying away from people, period. It didn’t occur to me that it was talking about spiritual matters.  I agree with regards to spirituality. Talking about it with people not in the path would be pointless, especially Kabbalah which I am struggling to understand myself. It is not something I am interesting in doing.

Loyda,
          Don’t take anything practically yet if it’s not clear.
          Read what I wrote above about the olympic ice skater and realize that what you entered is a million times greater than that.
          So don’t think that you read some paragraph and now you will just go do it.  You need to read a lot, experience a lot and slowly it will work on you and you will understand what it means.
          Live a normal life with family, work, health, neighbors, etc.
          The gist of what it is talking about is that thoughts and desires pass from person to person.  And you are cultivating a spiritual worldview and you want to care for it and not be all day confused by CNN and BBC and Beyonce and the Yankees and Levi and Walmart and everything else except for the meaning of life.
          Seth@KabU

carlos
      Participant

If the creator bestows upon me desease, how can I use my screen to accept it completly? should I remain ill and eventually die or seek treatment, since it was the upper force that desired for my sickness?

Similarly, how do we apply the screen to basic survival needs, such as breathing and eating, since these actions are completly egoistic, the air and food Im consuming could be “bestowed” to others?

Loyda
        Participant

Reply to wrong thread. Can’t delete.

Carlos,

If you are sick you must go to a good, competent doctor. The Creator gave permission to the doctor to heal.

We do our practical work together in a special arrangement of Kabbalists called a group of 10, you will learn about it in the future.
        From that work you will be able to develop a screen and with it you will be able to relate to all of your life.

But now you can imagine while you eat and do all of these things that you are doing what you must but your intention is that all of the pleasure and good will pass though you and onto all of creation, to bring contentment to the Creator.

Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.