Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Anthony
      Participant

Are we looking to attempt to create this screen within us that Tony has discussed at this stage or are we better to leave this for later, once we have studied further and in groups?

Anthony,

The screen is given from above naturally when our desire for it reaches a certain measure.
        It’s like the regular development of a man whose body changes as his desires change as he matures.
        Seth@KabU

Zachary Jones
      Participant

How can one be certain of achieving Behina Dalet? If one is to feel these things in order to know them, how can one be certain they are actually feeling the target goal, and not just imagining it, or perhaps feeling commonplace euphoria rather than the actual attainment?

Zachary,
        You know when you feel warm and you know when you feel cold because you have senses to detect that.
        When you acquire spiritual senses, you feel spiritual sensations.
        Seth@KabU

This sentence intrigues me: From there emerged what is called the thought of creation, to create a creature and to bestow endless good upon it.

My question: Is the creator bestowal always “good”? What is the meaning of good in Kabbalah? What is the “nature” of the light and can it be “good” or “bad” and does it give us only pleasure?

Because we receive many things in life, diseases, pain, sadness, etc, we don’t want to receive those things, because our nature is to move toward pleasure. Are those things part of the light and can they be called “good” and “pleasure”? How does that fit into our desires to receive only pleasure?

Thank you

Nuria,
        Everything emanating from the Creator is called “good”.
        The extent that we don’t receive it as good, is the exact measure of how far we are from that state called “good”.
        If we receive something “not good”, it in no way affects the source of that thing which emanated from the Creator as good.
        Look at our lives in for example a historical context.
        What good could you possibly receive as a newborn?
        The newborn does not even perceive itself, so just to be fed, to be cleaned and to sleep is sufficient.
        Then we became teenagers and we wanted a boyfriend or a girlfriend, a little money to spend on the weekend.
        But a teenager didn’t want a low interest rate mortgage and second home on the sea.
        Now, stretch that back 100,000 years, what did our primitive ancestors want?  Shelter and a piece of meat.
        So  the desire needs to grow in order for the Creator to be able to fill us, eventually with endless delight.
        And this is a long process with many discernments until we come to realize that I cannot satisfy my ego and that I come on my own to a realization that I need Him.  That is the reason for all of the discomfort, just to push us to Him, just so we will eventually feel that it is all separation from Him.
        Seth@KabU

Manuela
      Participant

As far as I understand, the original intention of the Creator was to create a Creature able to be as Him: the way to learn, or better, to know, I mean to esperience and become it (Creature side) is feasible only via this Path.
      Is it correct? PS pls forgive my English, I am Italian🙏). Thank you so much!

Manuela,
        We received a method from Baal HaSulam whereby a normal person like us, not a special “Moses” of the past, but a modern person like us, living in this world can learn who she is, what are the forces operating on us and how we can rise to the spiritual degrees, to the qualities of the Creator.

There is an expression, “there are many paths to the place”, so maybe you can find some other place.  I searched for many years and did not find another one that was so clean and with a clear method.

You have free choice to discover this for yourself.
        Seth@KabU

I have a question about phase 4: the creature accepts the light 100%, because that was the way it was intended to.  Is there also a kind of bestowal toward the creator?: Accepting the light with fully understandig of purpuse, will send a “feedback” to the creator, in the form of contentment and so , is that a bestowal too? For example, we recieve a birthday present: maybe we don’t like it much, but because we are polite we say thank you (or not). But if we don’t like it very much but we understand that the present was intended for our fulfillment and we accept it conscientiously, does that gives pleasure to the giver?

Manuela
        Participant

Thanks for your reply! Indeed, by “this Path” I did not mean Kaballah in respect to others. I meant the journey back via the 125 steps (that I guess are different ratios of bestowal&reception desires) is the one thing needed to grow our Soul and, as a consequence, the collective One?

I sense this approach has something powerful that reasonates with me deeply inside. So clean, so simple on the paper, but I am also aware of our Ego being so difficult to overcome and our subconscious reactive patterns and ancestral wounds so difficult even to being recognised. I am eager of knowing more.

Thank you again.

Manuela,
          It is a very natural process.
          In your mother’s womb, all of the limbs grow in the correct time and in the correct way.
          When we start to grow and go to school, then later we start to notice others and fall in love.  All of this happens in a natural way, we don’t have to make it happen.  If the body is healthy all of these processes are natural.

So also the spiritual ascent is already written, it’s all arranged.
          According to the same steps that the light took when it cascaded down from on high.  We traverse those same steps as we ascend.  It is all very natural.

However, the spiritual ascent is different from the biological ascent.
          In our biological body, these desires develop naturally without our participation.
          Our spirituality develops only according to our increasing the desire for it.  It does not happen on its own.
          This is the purpose of the kabbalistic group.  This group helps each other and inspires each other and raises the importance of the spiritual goal so that we can advance in it.
          Seth@KabU

Nuria,
        You are breifly describing the next set of spiritual operations that take place after phase 4.
        There are many more spiritual process that take place, the restriction and then the building of the spiritual worlds and the partzufim and sefirot, the shattering of the vessel and the corrections of the vessel and its rising back up through all of the worlds.
        All of those processes will follow the same primordial template from the 4 phases.
        Seth@KabU

Manuela
          Participant

Thank you so much Seth, indeed. 🙏

Sheila
      Participant

Not finished with Week 4 yet, but tonight I wondered about this:

I am sitting outside in the backyard. The air is cold, crisp, calm. I watch the flock of sparrows fly in and jump around in the old willow tree, the resident scrub jay doing his dance. Watching my dogs play I am feeling such gratitude for the gifts of Nature, the gifts that the Creator has bestowed upon me. Quietly I speak to Him and thank Him and I want Him to know how much I have learned, and how grateful I am for his gifts. My intention is to thank Him, to let Him know that I am feeling the gift of His joy, especially in my studies, but also in my world. I am feeling such a special feeling, a connection it seems, and I am wondering, is this what Behina Dalet feels like or am I just grateful to receive?

Thank you.

Sheila,
        These are all wonderful discernments and I’d hesitate to give them spiritual names yet.
        Of course we understand that we are will to receive, and a very refined one, you named a dozen pleasures you experienced just from sitting outside.  That is a highly developed will to receive.  Most other creatures don’t have such a developed sense of self to enjoy so many things on so many levels.  But that is clear and that is what finally brought you here.  But let’s not exactly place ourselves on the spiritual map of behinot yet.  Let’s let all of these new concepts wash over us and slowly format us, then after a little while we’ll be able to use the language of kabbalah to describe accurately our inner world.
        Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.