Before we dive in, introduce yourself and share your thoughts on the topic: Why does such a small fraction of the human family draws so much attention? Why do so many people have such a gut level reaction to “The Jews”?

New Home Forums Course Forums The World, the Jews and the Science of Human Survival INTRODUCTION Before we dive in, introduce yourself and share your thoughts on the topic: Why does such a small fraction of the human family draws so much attention? Why do so many people have such a gut level reaction to “The Jews”?

Before we dive in, introduce yourself and share your thoughts on the topic: Why does such a small fraction of the human family draws so much attention? Why do so many people have such a gut level reaction to “The Jews”?

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Jack Brenon
      Participant

Raised in Damascus as a child my family knew many Yahud (Jews), in fact I was told that my very own delivery as a baby was by the hands of our family Dr. Shapiro, a Yahudi; And a Dr. that I no longer saw after I turned 10 years old as he and his family were gone.  Damascus had a history of thousands of Yahud (Arabic plural of Yahudi) who lived there.  Many prominent families well recognized in Damascus today, were originally Yahud (Jews) and converted to Christianity, other to Islam in order to rise into higher positions during the 400 years Ottoman Empire rule of the Middle East which allowed only Muslims to enter higher positions (ended  after WWI).  In fact They had a whole region near the old eastern gate in Damascus called the ” Sharae Al-Yahud (Yahud Street) which I visited many times as a child.  I can even bet “the Ari” himself probably stayed there during his trade visits between Damascus, Safed and Cairo.

Sadly, a few months ago I watched a video on YouTube showing that there are only 15 elderly Yahudi (Jews) living in Damascus and mainly to manage the old Kanisset (Temple).  Yes, I would like to know, as to how this happened?  From thousands to just 15.  Yes, I know that the Nationalist Baath political party that ruled since the 1960s had something to do with it, but how can the Creator allow this to happen to His people? After all they are the ones who are supposed to spread His teaching and words.  I am hoping this course will shed some light on this question.

Devorah Vidal
      Participant

My name is Devorah. I live in Israel. For the last 20 years or so I have been living an observant Jewish life but with reservations, always suspecting that there is something different I should be doing, not necessarily in conflict with Jewish observance but more “enlightened” or more consciously aware of what’s really going on.

Anyway, I never had any formal Jewish education and the description of this course perked my interest and I would like to sign up for this course

Maika
      Participant

Hello I am Maike I thing being Jewish is in the heart and has to do with willing to give.

Marko Podgorsek
      Participant

Hi, I’m Marko from Slovenia. We don’t have many Jewish people here and as little as I know about Judaism is from Kabbalah study here at KabU.
      But it’s interesting that sometimes I hear someone say something negative about Jews, like he/she’s an expert on the topic here in my country. I think it’s the foreign media that spread the information and my countryman just pick it up and go along with it like it’s cool or something.
      Or is there something deeper, kabbalistic explaination…I’m here to find out.

Mark Short
      Participant

My name is Mark Short, I am very interested in this subject.  Just watched the show done by KenBurns “The U.S. and Holocaust.”

Luc ANOUBRE
      Participant

Hi, my name is Luc. In the old testament we see that Jews are God’s chosen people, they are the only people who have always worshiped God (the Creator) alone. They seem to be a very united and successful people therefore others are very jealous of them; I think that’s the reason why they draw so much attention.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.