Get your questions answered by a KabU instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums The Blueprint of Creation 4. Restriction Get your questions answered by a KabU instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Zied
      Participant

Hi,

Why don’t we consider this restriction as a 5th phase after Malchut?

I have another question which is more generic please : Those phases apply to the human soul evolution? How can I know which phase I’m in?

Restriction is a response to the 4 Phases of Direct Light. Meaning something comes from Above – Direct Light – and seemingly there is a response from below, from the Desire: Restriction.

You can’t know which phase you’re in because you’re not in one of these Phases. These are prior to any individual person. We’re in a different state, after a Shattering of the Desire that is referred to here.

Zied
          Participant

I see. So if I understand correctly, these phases are about the creation of the whole universe and they happened before the advent of the human race?

They are even before the universe came out of the “Big Bang”. We’ll see soon where ‘our world’ is in this system.

Kimadigital7
      Participant

Was Malchut fill with the Light when she made the first restriction? If yes, where did the Light go to? Or the moment she made that decision, the Light that was inside her dissipated? If so, where did the Light go to?

You said that there is a rule in the Upper world, and that is, the Upper becomes a law for the lower. But it was malchut that made the 1st restriction decision and not the Upper force, the Creator. Please, can you elucidate me on that?

Thank, you

Malchut was filled with the Light. After the First Restriction, it becomes Surrounding Light.

“A decision for the Upper becomes a law for the lower.” So, Malchut of Eyn Sof made the Restriction. If it was a decision for her, for us it’s an iron law.

Kimadigital7
          Participant

What is an iron law? What do you mean by that?

A law we’re under even though we don’t realize it and outside of which it is impossible to maneuver.

Molly
      Participant

General Question :
      Could you explain why it is ? disrespectful to spell the name of God/creator in text ??
      Ie Kabu speaks about HaVaYa rather than Yod- He- @- He?
      is it also incorrect to speak Gods/creators name ?

Also : Could you give a definition of Behina Daleth for the glossary ?

I couldn’t find it ?

Its good to have all the terms to review if Hebrew is new to you .
      Thank you

It’s a relic of the fact that the inner spiritual work, when it became necessary to conceal the true wisdom, was turned into whatever signs could be found in our world. This particular tradition follows from the rule that I “do not name what I do not attain.” If I have not attained the Creator in a way that I attain specifically that Name, then I shouldn’t use the name. So, there are such formalities – not for the Creator’s sake, He doesn’t mind; but rather for my sake, as a reminder that I should not be silly, using different names for an Upper Force that I myself did not attain, but which I heard from Kabbalists, who wrote those names because the forms of the Kelim in which they revealed the Upper Light were in the forms of such letters that spell those names.

Malchut is Hebrew for Kingdom, or reign, as in “I shall rule” [instead of the Creator]

Molly
          Participant

Thank you

Molly
      Participant

So we are agreeing, by entering phase 4 , that we will become more like the creator by not receiving …ever again.
      That is, we relinquish our intrinsic desire for fulfilment in the material world ,as we have come to understand that only being like the creator will truly fulfill us spiritually & permanently?
      So presumably we can only bestow if there are only 2 forces in the universe ?

We’re studying the way the degrees cascade from Above downwards, in order to draw the Reforming Light. We can’t talk about us here because there’s n “us” in this picture yet.

Phase 4 is not deciding not to receive, initially. In fact, she is about to receive, in order to complete the act that was started in Phase 3, where it received Hochma in part and Hassididim in part. Now, in Phase 4, she will receive all the Hochma – the Light of the Purpose of Creation.

Here’s where you spoke about our world. But that’s also not the case. We don’t decide to relinquish our desires. We simply work on making a certain desire within us more important: the Point in the Heart. We need to nourish it all the time, as much as possible. That’s all. That will be enough.

The truth is, our other desires are not even considered receiving. Our pleasures are so tiny, they’re not taken into consideration. So, I don’t have a problem with them. I have a problem that my Point in the Heart is so tiny that it’s even smaller than all my other desires.

Thus, all our work is in growing this spiritual desire. That’s why I need the teacher, the books, the group of others studying with me…

Molly
          Participant

ok thank you

Maria
      Participant

How is shame related to envy? As to me the direct emotion of seeing one is completly oppossite to bestowing would be envy, and then shame… (even of having felt envious of “the good host”).

We never feel spiritual shame in our world but spend energy almost every minute avoiding ever feeling it. So, we can’t compare our idea of shame to spiritual shame. Shame and envy in our world, though, are both related to our sense of self, our feeling of being an isolated creation, independent of others. This feeling comes from the shattering of the collective soul. It’s an imagination, but an imagination that we can use correctly. Shame, for example, is a sensation that can keep us from acting out as our ego might like, and disturbing others. Later, I will be able to form proper intentions not to disturb others because we are all one soul and if I disturb others I harm myself. However, it’s still good to not disturb others, even to preserve my pride. Envy can also be used correctly. I need to build up the others who are, like me, on the spiritual path and envy their progress. As the Kabbalists write, “envy, lust and honor bring a person out of this world.” That is – only by these does one come out of this world to the spiritual world.

Denys
      Participant

No questions for now

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.