How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 3. Understanding Your Inner Self How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

• This topic has 93 replies, 91 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by peter.
Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Clara
      Participant

I can’t decide what is my answer

Steve Miley
      Participant

Somehow we have to poke a hole in the bottom of the Klee to spill out the bestowal, so that we can continually be filled with pleasure

D
      Participant

I read in one of the text that “Everything comes from the Creator. In principle, only one thing comes out of the Creator; simple Light, total goodness. In our corrupted senses we feel it according to our equivalence with it, ranging from the total opposite, to what really is.”

D
      Participant

Faith above reason.

Rune T. A.
      Participant

I find the study of Kabbalah fulfills me (not compleetely as I am not happy about the world we have built so far). And also, to some extent, when I am in service of others and when I play music. Doing the things “I am meant/built to do”. Whenever I come astray for too long, I feel empty and/or soul-sick (if there is such a thing). It seems there is a clear path for me to follow but I just can’t stay on it 24/7, even though I think and feel that I understand what to do and in wich direction to go (knowing I have not understood it all). Pain always leads me back on track (though I still dream about not having to join a Ten, that maybe I can do it on my own). What would really satisfy and fulfill me, would be to see the whole of humanity engaged in life in such a manner that we lift each and everyone of us to the highest spiritual degree possible. I don’t think I can be truely happy before that. I can accept and understand that we are where we are for a reason and that there is a cause, but that does not make me as happy as I could be. Gratefull that I get to experience life and have oppertunity to grow ever more conscious, yes, but still, I feel there should be more than that…

Naomi
      Participant

By changing our desires from self to others. truly wanting to give to others. but how do you change your desires to bestowal when you’re to busy with the necessities of life? too exhausted from caring for you’re immediate family/ household to even think of others? does your family then become or count as “others”?

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.