Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 103 through 108 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Phin Mackness
      Participant

Shifts happen; elevated consciousness makes us aware of these, and how everything is connected.

Patrick
      Participant

Shift in full intention of the soul!!

Dante Yigael
      Participant

It means a shift in intention. From a will to receive in order to receive to a will to receive in order to bestow to the Creator.

sj
      Participant

I wish I knew this experientially but from my current egoistic and limited perspective, I think it would mean truly seeing others AS yourself. Not metaphorically, not symbolically; but taking their needs as your own because they ARE your own. We don’t see the vast interconnection between individuals, where every choice someone makes inevitably impacts the whole. (Butterfly effect, essentially.) I know that when I make choices that I’m ashamed of or that put me in a sour mood, I then go to work and my sour mood impacts others, who then go about their lives and that impacts others, and so on.

I want my perception to widen beyond my minuscule, fleeting desires and to expand to include the larger organism of humanity that I am apart of.

Unfortunately, everything I do is driven by ego- I fear even the desire to expand my perception beyond myself has some sinister egoistic drive behind it! Only the Creator can expand the point in my heart, that point of the desire to bestow. And I look forward to that.

Haze
      Participant

I begin to think about the needs of others more often than my own needs.

Meine_HumanTree
      Participant

For me, it means becoming more aware of my ego and the natural will to receive and being able to use this to give.

Viewing 6 posts - 103 through 108 (of 328 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.