Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Eric
      Participant

It would mean shifting the center of gravity of the locus of the “I” from this limited body-mind, to an expanded body-mind comprised, first, of the friends in the Ten until we reach such a point in which we think, feel, and act as “one man with one heart.” Once our fraternal unity is perfected and the transfer of subjectivity from my body-mind to that of the group partzuf is complete, “I” (in the capacity of my Ten) can connect to other such partzufim, who have also achieved spirituality, until the whole of Humanity is transmogrified and lifted up to the level Adam Kadmon, becoming a perfect vessel of reception-in-order-to-bestow, having achieved the quality of the Creator.

From thinking about yourself to think about others, and there needs and desires

Tydus
      Participant

This means that I shift from wanting anything for myself to connecting to all others and feeling their desires as my own. Once this happens then the reality is a perfect, abundant and loving one.

Marcy
      Participant

To me, it means to go from a “the world revolves around me” mentality to one that recognizes that we are all one and I am a part of the whole. When I receive from the bestower, I can bestow back to him and to others which in itself is a form of this infinite cycle of receiving and bestowing.

Miho
      Participant

Harmony 。。

patrick diederich
      Participant

It starts with a true act of free will : saying yes to the will of bestowal even though we still misperceive it almost completely due to our egotistical mode of reception. By embracing our conscious input with a non judgemental, curious and loving mind we learn to sense differently. It feels as though the world changed. In reality though it is our representation of the world that changed. By adapting ourselves  to the changes in a spontaneous manner we notice the difference between our new take on life and the robotic conditionning we upheld before our surrender to a more holistic & integral worldview. By sticking to faith above reason we overcome many blockades that kept throwing us back so many times before. Best of all, we find it easier to connect with our  fellows and so get a sense of the beauty of our interconnectedness. We come to appreciate our differences and feel happy when others experience beauty, wellbeing personal progress. We become more aware of our negative attitudes, feelings towards our kind. We thus can observe our habit of criticizing ourselves and others and formulate a conscious desire to stop doing that. And so we formulate a new prayer for help and start with the help from above a new cycle of healing and growth…

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.