Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 109 through 114 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Loria
      Participant

Preparation Question: What does it mean to shift from an egoistic perception of reality to a perception based on bestowal?

My thought is that it means to view reality in a way that is not totally centered on self.  I shift to see the Creator in all around me.  I begin to work on selfishness in my thoughts and actions to make a change or a shift toward Creator.

Raj
      Participant

Ego is the real enemy

Brad
      Participant

I think this is when we reach equivalence of form

Yeshua Catherineka
      Participant

Preparation Question: What does it mean to shift from an egoistic perception of reality to a perception based on bestowal?

It means to attain spirituality, which is to be done in four stages .

When the light of the creator is received by the point in the heart, it aims towards unity, oneness, and love.

One learns to have the right desire, and not corrupted,  to love thy friend as thyself. We should have a desire to give to others without self-concern.

Zealot Mines
      Participant

To shift is to change.. have a different view/understanding…   Will need more explanations depictions as to egoistic and bestowal.

Melissa Lucero
      Participant

Question: What does it mean to shift from an egoistic perception of reality to a perception based on bestowal?

To look at everything from the eyes of the creator. To understand that we are not in equivalence of form with the Creator therefore we suffer. Our suffering is a means for us to evaluate and correct our selfish ways. We must look at our efforts to love everyone as we do our selves as the only way in which to become equivalence of form with the Creator. We must do this by first connecting with others who have this same desire

sj
        Participant

“Our suffering is a means for us to evaluate and correct our selfish ways.”

And this really changes how you see life, doesn’t it? Great insight, thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 109 through 114 (of 328 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.