Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 319 through 324 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Marion
      Participant

It means that I start to feel that everything is ‘myself’, and therefore feel equal love for all.

Mira Brooks
      Participant

I would say that it involves extending love and altruism to others and the environment, relating with qualities of giving and bestowal. Through that, we feel a deeper sense of connection and begin to understand how we should relate to others, outside of the selfish drives of ego or self-gain.

Joanne Kabu-W10
      Participant

It’s a shift in attitudes toward others. To examine and change my intentions to bestow to others instead only for my own benefit.

Camila
      Participant

Changing from egoistic perception of reality to a perception based on bestowal means change our intentions, restricting the traditional use of our desires and start using only those we can work for the sake of the Creator.

George
      Participant

The basis of bestowal is love. But to love someone as myself, which means to give what he/she desires to fulfill the other’s person existence. In this way we connect and fuse ourselves. This interaction should be deeper than just giving to fill good about myself, in other words to justify that I am a just a good person.

however, ego is all about myself. I want to be happy. I feel insecure if I give and don’t get anything for myself etc. This way I am disconnected from Nature and others

Douglas
      Participant

Working for and towards the whole vs doing things only for myself. An identity shift

Viewing 6 posts - 319 through 324 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.