Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 301 through 306 (of 313 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Rodrigo Tavares
      Participant

It means, first of all, understanding that we are all part of an open system, in which, when one is harmed, all are. Based on this assumption, we seek to understand how to fill the needs of others, with each of our actions.

Rodrigo Tavares
        Participant

Also, it’s important to understand that in my ignorance, I’m still in the early stages of knowing the will of the system as a whole. Because only by having the humility to recognize this ignorance, it is possible to take the smallest step, that is, in the knowledge of the collective will.

Paul
          Participant

Rodrigo, don’t get me wrong,  i am also in total ignorance about what is the thruth and what is real. I only react and reflect about what has more or less sinked in after the lessons . I am as humble as can be to acknowledge that I don’ t know right from wrong ( or right from left). But, I  have an appetite to taste the thruth, so do you . We have something in common. With friendly greetings.

Paul.

Paul
      Participant

It is a change in attitude, against one’s nature, understanding that there is no reality outside a person’s perception. Corruption makes way for correction. Understanding that being a part (shattered soul) of a whole, reconnection  with the One Soul is longed for. One man, one Heart.

If  I understand Kabbalah teachings correctly so far,  this is only possible after the crossing of the barrier.

tefo bogosi
      Participant

To think of us instead of me. To be selfless instead of being selfish. To derive pleasure from giving without expectation of anything in return.

Danielle Vergonet
      Participant

I think it means to see each other as a whole and work together as a collective. So instead of wanting everything for ourselves, experiences to help en be there for each other.

Marion
      Participant

It means that I start to feel that everything is ‘myself’, and therefore feel equal love for all.

Mira Brooks
      Participant

I would say that it involves extending love and altruism to others and the environment, relating with qualities of giving and bestowal. Through that, we feel a deeper sense of connection and begin to understand how we should relate to others, outside of the selfish drives of ego or self-gain.

Viewing 6 posts - 301 through 306 (of 313 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.