Reflect: Write a revelation from the lesson that sparked your curiosity or revealed to you a fresh viewpoint.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Reflect: Write a revelation from the lesson that sparked your curiosity or revealed to you a fresh viewpoint.

Reflect: Write a revelation from the lesson that sparked your curiosity or revealed to you a fresh viewpoint.

Viewing 6 posts - 37 through 42 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Wendi
      Participant

Wow! The ego in its exponential expansion but constant frustration and exhaustion of desire is what social psychologists call the “hedonic treadmill.” K says don’t get off the treadmill, build it back better!!

Dora Francis
      Participant

How much the ego ruled our life and worst of all we are quite unaware of this fact.

Dyrk
      Participant

I appreciate learning more about creating a spiritual environment. I feel that much of my frustration from studying Kabbalah comes from the fact that I have, thus far, mostly studied the texts in isolation. I look forward to what occurs after I become part of a group. In that past, I have been notorious for feeling “trapped” whenever I’ve become involved in groups. I assume that has been my ego nature pulling me away from others. It will be interesting to see how this goes moving forward. Glad to know there are others interested in real spiritual growth and trusting that my ego can stay on board.

Tiago Casellato
      Participant

I sense many of things Julian said about the ego, connection to others, bestowal are so familiar to me. I feel like I’m relearning a wisdom once forgotten, but with other words. I recall moments of my life where I caught myself thinking about these issues long before I came into contact with Kabbalah. Maybe it’s always been there, hidden, and now it’s coming out. Crazy, huh?

Mike
      Participant

I fully appreciated the correct diagnosis being half the cure, and the example of a higher taste automatically correcting the desires for lower tastes. No need to tackle each individually through ascetism, mortification of the flesh, going to live in the forest, etc.

Jurgis
      Participant

Thank you for material!

Viewing 6 posts - 37 through 42 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.