Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Experience Week 2 Discuss Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Seamus Dolan
      Participant

The rules for the workshop and particularly the whole issue of differences and how to use them to progress, while the differences remain, gave me a new perspective on how to interact with others. Thanks.

Jazmir
      Participant

That reality does not exist. We wake up to it by the ten.

Thank you

Rosie
      Participant

I’ve been involved with support groups in the past. Some experiences were not pleasant. It’s a comfort and it was an ‘ah ha’ moment to hear ‘the rules.’ That’s the perfect way to gather in a group. These rules would be wonderful for any group, but considering the gravity of what we’re really doing here, it’s humbling and fills my heart with hope for future good outcomes, and gratitude that the way forward will be safe…not like past disappointing experiences.

Jack Davidsen
      Participant

Julian,

I am blown away….again. The advice that you give us in this week’s videos is so beautiful, and just immensely helpful. I cannot thank you enough!

There was one piece of advice that was entirely new to me: You described how we should feel the others’ deficiencies, as if they were our own, and pray with the others for them to rise above those deficiencies.

I never thought about doing this, unless somebody brought it up and wanted us to join him/her in praying for them to rise above it. Instead, I always took the approach of looking past any deficiencies and focus on the good that each person has, and on their strengths.

I understand that it is not that I should not be able to look past others’ deficiencies, there’s a time for this too. But it is so very important to also be able to take the position where you feel others’ deficiencies with them, and feel it so closely that their deficiencies become like they’re your own.

I understand why it is necessary for us to feel others’ deficiencies because it helps us all rise beyond our deficiencies and grow closer to where we all want to be: In Equivalence of Form with the Creator.

I don’t know why this hadn’t occurred to me before, and I won’t be surprised if many of my fellow students feel the same way. This seems to happen a lot these days, and I’m grateful that it does because it gives us new opportunities to learn and develop our Point in the Heart. And this is also why the work that you do with creating these courses, and the videos that go with them, is such a powerful tool for us to learn from. So…

Thank you, Julian!…

And thank you, everybody who helped Julian put this course together, and those who have been helping by being here to answer our questions!…

Not least, thank you to my fellow students, for if it weren’t for you, this course wouldn’t exist and I would still be waiting and feeling isolated!…

You’re all awesome! 🙂

martin
      Participant

I’m not great in small groups, much more at home in front of larger gatherings. I tend to feel vulnerable, scared that some will get too close and perhaps not like me. So I logged on to the group session and surprise, surprise, I enjoyed it much more than I anticipated. In fact I hardly noticed the time, would have quite easily gone another hour. Thank you everyone involved.

Martina
      Participant

That “Ego thing” is a hard one.  I am glad all these lessons break up the work we have to do in small little bite size pieces. The be really conscious of and about it is very draining but needs to be done.  Thank you for all what the instructors guide us with. Yes, the ego really is a messy business, very sneaky lol!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.