Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 1 Discuss Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

Viewing 6 posts - 49 through 54 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Niklas
      Participant

I think the following song is a great way to start into this course. Perhaps somebody will enjoy.

Burning Fire by Camino: https://youtu.be/HG3llRIXAYA

Niklas
      Participant

The videos “There is None Else Beside Him” remind me of my favourite book from Christian Mysticism called “The Practice of the Presence of God” by Brother Lawrence.

On his deathbed he says:

“I thank our Lord that you have received some relief from your suffering, for I know that this was what you have been wanting. I have been near death often. I have never been as content as I was then. Therefore I did not pray for relief, but I prayed for strength to suffer with courage, humility, and love. How sweet is it to suffer with God! However great the suffering may be, we receive it with love. It is paradise to suffer and be with Him.

If we desire to enjoy the peace of paradise in this life, we must accustom ourselves to intimate, humble, loving communion with Him. We must keep our spirits from wandering away from Him on any occasion. We must make our heart a spiritual temple where we can adore Him continually. We must watch incessantly over ourselves, so that we may not do, say, nor think anything that may offend Him. When our minds are focused on God, suffering will be filled with peace and solace.

In the beginning it is very difficult to arrive at this state, for we must act purely in faith. Even though it is difficult, we also know that we can do all things with the grace of God, which He never refuses to give to those who ask for it earnestly. Knock, and persevere in knocking. I assure you that He will open to you in His time, and immediately grant you what He has delayed giving you during these many years. Adieu. Pray for me, as I pray for you. I hope to see Him soon.”

He then goes on to say:
      “God knows best what we need, and everything that He does is for our good. If we realized how much He loves us, we would always be willing to receive both the sweet and the bitter equally and indifferently from His hand. Everything that came from Him would please us. The most painful afflictions appear intolerable only when we view them in the wrong light. When we understand that it is the hand of God that dispenses them, and we know that it is our loving Father who humbles and wounds us, then our sufferings lose their bitterness. They even become sources of consolation.

May all our energy be devoted to knowing God. The more one knows Him, the more one desires to know Him. Knowledge is commonly understood as the measure of love. The deeper and more extensive our knowledge is, the greater will be our love. If our love of God is great, we will love Him equally in pain and pleasure.

Let us not amuse ourselves by seeking God or loving God in order to receive blessings from God, no matter how lofty those blessings may be. Such blessings, however great, cannot bring us as near to God as one simple movement of faith. Let us seek Him by faith often. He is within us; do not seek Him elsewhere. Are we not rude and blameworthy, if we leave Him alone and busy ourselves with trifles, which do not please Him and may even offend Him? These trifles will one day cost us dearly.

Let us be devoted to Him earnestly. Let us cast away everything else from our hearts. He desires to possess them exclusively. Beg this favor from Him. If we do our part, we shall soon see the transformation within us that we desire. I cannot thank Him enough for the comfort He has given you. I hope by His grace to see Him in a few days. Let us pray for one another.”

A couple of weeks ago, after I received my COVID vaccines, He inspired me to “keep my gaze on Him, without asking anything from Him”. I was specifically inspired to “never ask anything from Him, but only to keep looking at Him”. Throughout the next two weeks, I felt incredible physical pain that completely took me apart. Still, He granted me the strength to keep looking at Him only. For this, He granted me the incredible ability to endure any pain without much suffering. After two weeks of constantly “keeping my gaze fixed on Him”, however, He established the sense of “having achieved great things myself” in me again.

Thank you for the article “There is None Else Beside Him”. It gives me courage to keep walking this path and shows me how easy it is to take achievements or even failures upon oneself. I feel how He constantly tries to establish in me the sense of “being proud of my achievements”, but He also granted me the ability to keep my gaze fixed on Him and relate everything to Him, nevertheless.

Maria
      Participant

This lesson described with simplicity the meaning of bestowal; we attain the quality of bestowal when we use our will to receive in order to give joy to the creator.

Etienne Fourie
      Participant

For me it is mind blowing to realize that there is only God, that through love and bestowing descended into form as us and how we as receivers must start to bestow to Him, and not to the ego, so that we can rise back to become like Him and even Him.  Do I understand this correctly??

Or by striving for the higher world, it may happen that we reset our feelings for our relatives on this earth?

Mike
      Participant

Mind blown and paraphrasing here, but this: the Creator gave me a desire to go to a filthy place and breathe filthy air. So of course I have this desire, so I work to fill it. I achieve this goal, and I satisfy this desire. And I am thankful for even this, but it doesn’t take long to get your fill of filth.

Ok, maybe it takes lifetimes. I hope for higher desires through good association, study and similar light-attracting changes.

Viewing 6 posts - 49 through 54 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.