Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 3 Discuss Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Wiger Levering
      Participant

It strikes me (and at the same time makes me feel at ease) that one can study Kabbalah while being embedded in a religion that seems to deny the wisdom of Kabbalah.
      Yet, I feel that finding the right environment to develop oneself might become a bit of a burden as long as one remains embedded. I wonder what would be the lessons from kabbalists who where in that same situation.

Cat
      Participant

It was very interesting to see Rav Michael Laitman talking about how things can get very dark when we start studying.

When I first studied in 2009, and again in 2013, this happened both times and I quit.

This time, I seem to have popped out on the other side.  It feels reassuring that I am on the correct track finally.

I am very grateful.

Sarah
        Participant

can you describe that more, and – how you overcame it this time, please?

Lora Vatalaro
      Participant

My big “mind blowing” take-away from this lesson is learning that my ego will block the light at every turn unless I consciously interfere with that process.  Only my conscious intention will eventually prevent it from winning all the time.  My ego won’t help me achieve equivalence of form with the Creator, no matter how often it tries to trick me!!

Roger Fry
      Participant

I found the subtle shift of desire or of not wanting a change in externality but rather an equivalence of form with the creator.

Ben
      Participant

Knowing that Kabbalah is not a religion is very profound for me.

Leah Bergman
      Participant

The creator doesn’t ever change, but it is I who needs to change my perspective. I also liked the video in the related section where the Rav talks about how we need to be in harmony with the forces of nature. I’m still meditating on that video.

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.