Share any/all of the following: What most inspired me in the course? What have I learned about myself in the process? What do I wish for my fellow students in their spiritual development?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Course Reflections Share any/all of the following: What most inspired me in the course? What have I learned about myself in the process? What do I wish for my fellow students in their spiritual development?

Share any/all of the following: What most inspired me in the course? What have I learned about myself in the process? What do I wish for my fellow students in their spiritual development?

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Lily
      Participant

Looking forward to practice in a group

Christina
      Participant

I am motivated to continue learning. I feel like I’m starting to understand more.

Hannah
      Participant

I loved these classes very much!  But I’m dreading that the actual practice won’t work for me.  I studied online with Bnai Baruch 10 years ago for nearly 2 years, then gave up because the women’s group I got into (not video back then, only chat, if I recall) seemed so underwhelming.  I’m still in a snit about what looks like sexism in the lineage.  I get worried when I read or hear that we are not supposed to share our progress with each other.  If the groups are only reading together (as were back then, at least as far as I got) or talking about mental level things, I can’t imagine that they’ll work for me.  But – of course I’m looking forward to trying!  The aspirations are so inspiring, I hope they can really come true for a plain old ordinary white American Jewess (me) who is seriously committed to trying very hard here!

Nick Martinez
      Participant

It’s possible that currently I’m feeling a descent, but truth be told – the further I have gotten through KabU the more disillusioned I feel regarding the Kabbalah. This isn’t the first time I’ve felt this way over the past 13 years I have come and gone from studying the wisdom, but all of it seems to boil down to the endless confusion and seeming contradictions while studying the texts, plus the hopelessness of ever finding and getting truly connected to a group that shares the same desire for real spiritual attainment.

I understand that KabU eventually does connect it’s students to a group, which appears to be the only practical means of attainment in the wisdom (as Kabbalah frequently asserts corporeal actions cannot advance oneself). However, I have doubts in the effectiveness of virtual connection in the same way that I’ve experienced virtual connection in the past (work from home, fellowshipping through zoom, etc..) in that virtual connection does not seem to fully emulate live connection between humans.

With that being said, after all of these years I still cling to the Kabbalah because deep in my heart, confirmed with bits of experience, I know it to be true. And because of that I look forward to whatever this path will eventually reveal.

Robert
      Participant

Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts and heartfelt expressions.The finest thought , the one currently is the seemingly impossible task of connecting with others and yet we can read the correct books, find the correct teacher , and join the correct group.remember what’s  mine is yours, what’s  yours is yours.

N/a
      Participant

I think the most profound aspect of this course is in realizing that the world I see comes from within; that all objects I see have no value and meaning in of themselves and that it is I who provides these things with their meaning and value based on the way I want to use them to satisfy my own needs; and that the world I see is basically a reflection of my own desires and that these desires derive from a perception that I am lacking and deprived and that I need to acquire or attain things from the world to fill this perceived void within.  I am therefore not seeing things for what they are in truth.  I am seeing a reflection of my own desires in them, and it is my desires in them which draws me towards others, which is a direct function of the way I have judged myself.

The truth is that I am a direct product of the Upper Light.  I am begotten of the Upper Light.  I am its offspring.  The Upper Light is the source of life within me, and is the source of my fulfilment, satisfaction and overwhelming sense of abundance.  I simply need nothing else.  I do not need to make gifts to myself to render myself whole and complete, which would only put me at right angles with life.  There is no justification for my sense of insecurity.  Now that I know this, my only desire is to see my brothers and sisters for who they are in truth: a reflection of my own essence.  I also now know they are afflicted with this same visual impairment and that I need not take anything personally, because they are not really seeing and directing their anger at me.  They are simply staring at a reflection of their own guilt.  My only desire, therefore, is to absorb the desires of my brothers and sisters as my own for the sake of providing each other peace through holy union.

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.