Share any/all of the following: What most inspired me in the course? What have I learned about myself in the process? What do I wish for my fellow students in their spiritual development?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Course Reflections Share any/all of the following: What most inspired me in the course? What have I learned about myself in the process? What do I wish for my fellow students in their spiritual development?

Share any/all of the following: What most inspired me in the course? What have I learned about myself in the process? What do I wish for my fellow students in their spiritual development?

Viewing 6 posts - 25 through 30 (of 259 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Christian
      Participant

What I have learned in the lesson is the method of developing a healthy envy and not egoistic tendency towards my friend’s success.

JamesM
      Participant

To echo some others here, this course presented both a great hope and a huge challenge. Over the course of the past 2 years or so, I have become acutely aware of the fact that I am very likely a narcissist due to PTSD brought on by difficult experiences in my early life. I say “likely” because I’ve not been diagnosed. However, I have studied deeply and am much more self-aware these days.

The point I’m getting at is that “stumbling upon” Kabbalah, and now having to work with (and for) others in an altruistic, selfless way, will be the most difficult endeavor of my life. Thinking, acting and living in a way that directly challenges my very sensitive ego is going to be, well, let’s just say extremely difficult.

But the truly amazing thing about all of this (and what gives me hope) is the realization that none of this is actually my doing. Nor is it simply a coincidence – however “lucky”. No, tbis is all the plan, the intention, of the Creator. The hell I’ve been through (and unfortunately put many others through) in my life was simply preparation for this moment. I understand now that I needed to spend a long, hard time wandering in the dark so that I would be able to recognize – and appreciate – the Light when it was finally revealed to me.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t scared to venture out of my “comfort zone” (which, ironically enough, isn’t comfortable at all). But I’m ready. With the Upper Light all around me – and all of us – we can’t fail. This story – our human story – has a very happy ending. Because that’s the way the Creator intended it to be. I am grateful beyond words to all of you. Thank you.

Michael Dunlap
      Participant

The depth and richness of symbolism opened new avenues of understanding and contemplation. I discovered a deeper sense of inner wisdom and heightened awareness of my spiritual journey, learning how to recognise and embrace my own spiritual strengths and weaknesses. This helped me understand that growth often comes fro acknowledging and working through challenges. I hope my fellow students develop a deeper connection to their inner divine essence and cultivate a sense of unity with all life.

Esther
      Participant

Connection wrapped in love. I have learned how deeply I desire spiritual connection and how much I already feel connected to the friends on the live streams and Q&A’s, how much I feel connected to Julian and these lessons, as well as the other instructions and Rav Laitman. I was so deeply moved watching the friends join each other in the recent congress and I am so happy to have this opportunity to join this society. I wish for all my fellow students to feel joined in our points in the heart and to delight in our connections.

I was inspired by the challenge to connect. It’s my biggest desire and yet my biggest challenge in life. I wonder what desires my fellow friends will have and how to annul myself to them. I see the challenge and pray the Creator to help me See and Work for my ten and my friends above myself as I realize working for myself will bring me nothing, as it has brought me nothing in the past. That’s why I am here.

Jay (Chaim S.)
      Participant

I was inspired by hearing firsthand from Julian how the process of the group works, the struggles we might expect on the path ahead, the benefits of the friends raising our prayer together and how the ascents and descents are a natural part of the work with the others.

Despite a lifetime of gathering knowledge, I have learned that the older I get the less I know, and the less I think know the more I feel, and the more I feel the closer to love of others I am.

I wish for my fellow students of Kabbalah a path of increasing Light as we climb the ladder together.

Viewing 6 posts - 25 through 30 (of 259 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.