Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

New Home Forums Course Forums Enter the Zohar: A Journey of Inner Transformation Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

• This topic has 165 replies, 155 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by peter.

Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

Viewing 6 posts - 43 through 48 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      tristan
      Participant

I’m going to be honest, I didn’t understand anything that was written. Everytime I read or listen to any parts of the Zohar I feel lost. It’s hard for me to feel inspired by it because I get frustrated that I do not understand. If the readers or teachers of the Zohar understand what’s written then why do they not give a translation of the text in their own words?

Jack Brenon
      Participant

In English I saw the images of Gil,Toni,and Julian.  In Hebrew I say the images of Niev, Moshi, and Michael who read for Rav.  While my eyes were closed, there was always white light.

That is it.

William Taylor
      Participant

I felt peace and some type of power but I preferred the Hebrew because my mind was not constantly trying to interpret the English words in my native language therefore listening to it in Hebrew allowed me to keep my concentration on the intention.

Graphic Unity
      Participant

I was at peace with both the English and Aramaic wordings.  The Aramaic words flowed over me however, due to my limited recognition of the language.  Thanks for the course’s clarity.

Timothy Carpenter
      Participant

I felt calm, more anchored and at peace.

Namron
      Participant

Lately I been concerned with the path of suffering, I understand that in order to know something we have to find the opposite so by way of the contrast we learn its true nature. Last year for me was very trying and I think in a way it guide me here. So I think I have my share of unpleasant times, but also I have really nice experiences lately and every time I doubt or question my purpose I remember Tony Kosinec talk about Shamati “There is none else beside him” and that concept clears my mind.

Well I listen to both audio clips on the reading of the Zohar and didn’t experience nothing different in my listening between them, maybe I did, but to be honest I think I was expecting something, so I don’t know if it was my imagination. A little bit later, perhaps ten or fifteen minutes I start thinking about stopping seriously all this learning experience, it wasn’t an idea it was more like a conviction beyond any reasoning, very different from my other doubts.

And here I am still.

Viewing 6 posts - 43 through 48 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.