When was the first time you sensed existential questions within you, and what did it take for you to listen to their call?

New Home Forums Course Forums The Science of Human Emergence A Point from the Emergent State When was the first time you sensed existential questions within you, and what did it take for you to listen to their call?

Gil Shir

When was the first time you sensed existential questions within you, and what did it take for you to listen to their call?

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Rune T. A.
      Participant

As a child I asked those questions a lot and read many books of “super natural phenomena” and I rember clearly two times I had a feeling of connection with Nature/spirit/something greater than me. The first time I was about 4 or 5 and stared at a butterfly for a really really long time and I sort of drifted away from myself and felt I was one with butterfly and the place we came from. This happend again when I was 21 and had given up the search for answers, I was leying in the grass lawn, belly facing down and my head resting on my hand looking to the left, I realized that there was no way of telling wich blade of grass was the most important one for the lawn as a whole. Again I got a strange sensation of unity and belonging. It took me other people with similar experiences to begin to take those experiences seriously and start exploring “the spiritual”.

Andreanne
      Participant

For myself, since childhood as well, though I didn’t know how to express it to others and kept it all inside me, as my own private world. As an adolescent, it occurred to me there could be answers in books, though I didn’t know there where more than the psychology books that surrounded me then. And psychology didn’t answer my existential questions, since it mostly deals with our egos, and searching the ego and the subconscious is endless and bottomless. I had a spiritually transformative experience in my mid 20’s that started me on my spiritual venture which I have been on ever since.

Jennifer
      Participant

I’ve asked what life was all about since I was a small child coping with a dysfunctional family.  I’ve spent a lifetime searching.

Jack Brenon
      Participant

Everyone asks this question as a child.  Spend the rest of their lives looking for an answer in so many places.  I am still searching.

Seeker of Wisdom
      Participant

As a child I knew there was more to reality than the mundane vicious circle everyone was on. It took me years of searching what the world called wisdom to arrive at some form of realization. I tried answering the call several times, but it was almost as if I had the wrong code for what I was sensing and was so eager to move toward.

Tom
      Participant

I felt it as a child, and it has taken all of my 63 years to get here.  I’ve always felt the spiritual world but had no knowledge of how to connect with it and the Creator.  It’s just recent that I began to study Kabbalah.

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.