Forum Replies Created
- AuthorReplies
LogynnParticipantIn the “Spiritual States with Kabbalist Dr.Michael Laitman” playlist on YouTube there’s an episode on the Ten Commandments, and one on Prophecies. My interpretation of the two is conflicting.
In the Ten Commandments one the Rav says describes 5th Commandment – Honor thy Father and thy Mother. I think he’s saying we must maintain an attitude of receptivity. If we are trying to control or dictate the world, we’ll create it in our own likeness which is egoistic, and it will only harm us. We must allow Hochma and Bina (our father and mother, and their 6 derivative forces) to create our reality. Our role is to work on our internality so that we can accurately perceive its qualities. He goes on later in the Commandment about the sabbath to say that it works specifically by not interfering.
But in the Prophecies episode, in the section about why a person shouldn’t know about their future, he says that we have difficult corrections coming up that might look harrowing to us, but that we will be better prepared and able to make the final corrections. And he goes on in the next section to say we need to create our own future. We need to be convinced we’re making our present as well. And that everything appears in relation to the perceiver. It sounds like there is an expectation for a proactive attitude.
So I think I’m trying to reconcile the idea of being receptive with the idea of applying effort. How do I know when I’m interfering? How do I know when I’m expected to be active or passive?
LogynnParticipantwell that’s a relief
LogynnParticipantWhen these are describing what happens to the Light when the screen is repelling it, it reminds me of the parts of the Zohar where it’s talking about “painting colors” and the “fountain.” Are those talking about the same thing? It’s just basically Light splattering on the screen, and it doesn’t just disappear if it’s not received into the vessel?
I hope that’s not a dumb question. I’m not trying to create a mental picture. I’m just trying to figure out which metaphors are correlated with each other in the different books and articles, because I know they are just trying every which way to describe the same thing.
May 10, 2025 at 3:46 pm EDT in reply to: Welcome to the course! What brings you here? Please share with the community what you hope to gain from this course #437280
LogynnParticipantI recently finished all the beginner courses (for the second time; I had studied here a long time ago, gone out into the world thinking I had all I needed, and then returned when I realized THIS is actually the whole point.)
I know that the group is more important than understanding the technicalities, but it seems like often when I am reading something technical it actually answers seemingly unrelated questions about myself, other people, how relationships work, why the world is the way it is, and what the Creator is asking for. My hope is for that to continue happening here. Also, I am grateful to Julian for recommending this, because your “Kabbalah Explained Simply” episodes tend to help me clear puzzles and blocks always exactly when I need it. Thanks!
LogynnParticipantI was thinking about your question similar to this in Yerganat’s class, about how hard it can be sometimes. And I rephrased it a bit and asked Tony last week. Basically, I felt like I could see so much revelation of evil in the world, (which I take as a confirmation coming from the Creator) but my feeling was almost like it was being caused by my studies somehow (which I know is negating none else besides Him.) And this doubt felt like a clear deceleration.
Tony’s thought on it was that what I see is not actually what is happening; it’s just my state and my readiness to recognize the inversion of egoism from the Creator’s qualities. The discussion delineated for me how the up and down is the feeling of willingness and desire to “go.” Whether I am feeling good or bad, if it is pushing me to learn more and connect more… it’s the acceleration I’m looking for. Â (For me, if I’ve lost the desire to keep looking I know I’m flat on the floor and it’s time to ask for some revelation.)
That isn’t anything that the materials and teachers haven’t already said a bunch of different ways. But I wanted to say something because a lot of times your question is the question I had, and my hope is that you will keep asking them.
April 30, 2025 at 12:12 pm EDT in reply to: Young Group with Anne Pier & Juan discussion forum #435818
LogynnParticipantI’m not in a group yet. I hope you don’t mind if I bug you to ask when the next young group might be created. I don’t want to miss it.
Unrelated question:
In the daily lesson they were talking about maybe revamping dissemination in the US. I am an illustrator, graphic designer and marketing copy writer. I have experience depicting abstract concepts in a way that will attract people with the relevant interests without misleading visual content.If they need help with that could you point me to the organizer.
- AuthorReplies

