Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 673 through 678 (of 1,106 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Sarah
      Participant

Thank you for all you guys give to us in the past weeks in the courses. It’s really inspiring to see how structured is the Kabbalah science.

One thing I’m still stuck and really want to seek help , is that after all these , the main point of Kabbalah is to build up and strengthen our connection to the Creator, which is great and I’m sure if i connect more it will bring me new levels of feelings in heart.

My problem is, I still find myself very connected to the physical world, I still want to have more love from relationship, next level of experience in the world, more sustanance, etc. And I feel like the connection in Kabbalah connect us to the spiritual world and ignoring the physical life environment and the moment of NOW. I really feeling confused in the separation and really would like to seek help to make the two connect together… Pleat help.

Thank you

Hey Sarah,

I think this is pretty normal while beginning the path. There will always be a tendency from the ego to profit in all engagements, so this certainly sounds natural. There’s no “ignoring” this world, but it does kind of take a “back seat” to the spiritual goal. That transition also becomes something natural as you progress. You will always need to add importance to the spiritual goal otherwise this world will rise in importance and it will be confusing.

It’s all a matter of importance – you either want this world or you want the spiritual world. The spiritual is 100% opposite to this world. Here you have “in order to receive” and spirituality is “in order to bestow”. You can’t want success in this world and success in the next, but success in the next world paints a completely different picture for you to look when you see the world around you. Your values change and therefore you wants and needs change. It’s hard because we want to hold onto this world, the things we understand and know and we seemingly need to forget about that. The transition isn’t to try and “forget about them” it just happens in a natural process when spirituality becomes more important to you.

You’ll receive the tools here for how to navigate this and the expertise will come with time. You’ll need patience and you’ll need experience. Keep moving forward and you’ll be able to answer this question yourself, I promise.

Best of luck,

Chris

David Mancini
      Participant

If Adam HaRishon means the first man, does that mean there will also be a second man and a third man, etc…?

Hey David,

Interesting question. The Kabbalists didn’t hint at that, but who knows what lies ahead after the final correction!

-Christopher

mrc s
      Participant

Is chesed mercy or love?

Hey mrc,

If you’re talking about the qualities of the Creator – it depends on the one who perceives them and it could be both. Just different angles of the same shape.  A parent isn’t just a “parent” – it’s also guardian, provider etc.

Chris

mrc s
      Participant

Is gevurah judgement or power?

Hey mrc,

Not really sure how to answer that. It’s not really either….if you want more of a Kabbalistic explanation and not just a Hebrew translation, it would have a couple of meanings. One being someone who can overcome –  has the strength to overcome “Gever” which is “man”. It’s also one of the ten Sefirot which its quality is similar to that but there are many nuances and other things to extract from there which aren’t really worthwhile getting into.

Chris

mrc s
      Participant

Why some people like to offend me?

Hey mrc,

Ask the Creator! Everyone has their own path and their own circumstances. The “why” to it all is for us to reveal ourselves, later.

Tyrance
      Participant

Hello,

I am wanting to know how a kabbalist deals with evil. I know that when we rise above ego, we see all things as light from the Creator (either revealed or concealed light) but if I am not mistaken we are still called to recognize good and evil in some ways. Murder, rape. theft, abuse etc. How are these things dealt with in an intentional way that still centers the Will to Bestow? How do we still practically operate in our world where there are people who openly want to cause overt harm or who are so ruled by their ego’s that it causes harm? I know Kabbalah speaks of spiritual states and not this world, but with that being so, where does morality and the discernment of how to deal with egoistic behavior in others come in?

Hey Tyrance,

Just imagine your point in the heart didn’t awaken and you couldn’t absorb this wisdom and start identifying with it emotionally. You would be like any other person in the world, blaming all kinds of forces and circumstances and whatnot as the cause of this problem or that problem.

You now have some kind of sense or intuition that it comes from one force, even though you can’t precisely identify it or locate it, you still can feel that it all comes from the Creator. You have that and alongside that, you have what you perceive in this world through your ego which shows you the exact opposite.

Even though you said it, that Kabbalah deals only with the spiritual, we still feel like it should guide us in “this world” as well. On one hand, this is true, and it does in a certain way, and on the other hand, it completely doesn’t. It certainly paints this world in a different “color” and we’re able to look “through” this world, and through the people, and through all the events that occur, and sometimes we are pulled down deep into this level where any advice Kabbalah offers us just doesn’t fit and we can’t feel where any of it would apply – it becomes very distant.

We should always aim to see how everything is only the Creator. Once you “put on those glasses” you think and act differently, if not immediately then very quickly. It’s hard then to ignore the “game” you feel yourself in and you wish to act correctly. Of course then, “acting correctly” has nothing to do with navigating “this world” but rather navigating your spiritual attitude, your intention to the Creator at that moment. You ask, “but how do I deal with what I’m seeing?” – you don’t. This is what the Creator wants  you to see and He just demands your attention. He doesn’t want you to go around fixing all the problems He created in the first place. The only correction is a spiritual correction. Anything in this world is already a consequence of a spiritual state.

This is hard to digest and actualize, certainly, but the more you grow, the more you’ll be able to draw that line where there’s your “outer world” and your “inner world”. You’ll be more comfortable designating what kind of reaction and where you effort should go and He helps us out with that. God forbid you have some medical emergency, you’re not going to sit and not go to the hospital since you know this is an inner attitude that requires correction. Of course you will get yourself to the ER since these are the laws of nature we have to abide by, those are the laws He created and we are on our way to discovering why and how to navigate what He created.

In the meantime, you’ll just have to accept what He throws at you and gradually learn to react correctly. There’s no “correction” on the outside. This is the main thing.

Come back here and we can continue this after you’ve gathered some experience and have additional questions. Best of luck!

Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 673 through 678 (of 1,106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.