Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 535 through 540 (of 1,115 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Stephen
      Participant

As I have been studying Kabala A growing Calling has been growing in me I have come to believe that as we share a connection with the creator well are being called to share that connection with those in the world to bring them into union with us and the creator to change the world. this has led me to carry a leather bag with whatever money I can spare as an alms bag. I go into the city every Thursday to a meeting. However, before I go to the meeting I search out those who are Living on the streets and talk with them and when I leave I tell them how unique and special they are and give them some money. I know many will think I am foolish to give money that might even support a drug habit. but if one person buys themself a meal or eventually finds a way out of their trouble it will have been worth it. This urge to give is very powerful. I believe This is in some way linked to my study of the Kabbala. But am I deceiving myself?

Hi Stephen,

It’s natural that a person who  starts learning the wisdom of Kabbalah begins searching for all sorts of external means by which they can attain spirituality. However, spirituality is a world of intentions, and only the intention of our actions determines how close or far we are from spirituality.

If the action makes you feel good, then keep doing it. Just be careful not to confuse corporeal actions with the method of Baal HaSulam, which must be implemented in a controlled environment together with other people who take upon themselves the same commitment of reaching love of others in order to reach love of the Creator.

The desire to give benefit to everyone is a good and necessary thing. We will learn later how we can practically work with those who do not study with us.

Joseph – KabU

Jurgis
      Participant

Had a discussion in our ten: Is this text about historic events (person living in a cave) or it has hidden meaning about revealing our inners processes to change our intention and reveal Creator?

kabbalahmedia.info/en/sources/FrztBoy6

Hey Jurgis,

All Kabbalistic texts only refer to spiritual forces, “objects”, changes, interactions etc., even if it seems otherwise.

Thanks!

Chris

Brad
      Participant

Hi, are the jews in Israel today the descendants of the jews out of Babylon? the ones Abraham taught ? And now they have forgotten his teachings of altruism/bestowal or replaced it with judaism (the outer shell of kabbalah) ? 

Hey Brad,

Not just those in Israel, but all over the world, but yes, that’s one aspect. But there are many students of Kabbalah who are not Jewish – so there’s also that aspect. Abraham collected those from all nations and only a small amount continued down the path of what we now see as the Jewish religion.

Thanks,

Chris

Brad
          Participant

Do we all come from Babylon? 

Are you talking about our descendants in general or only those with a point in the heart?

It’s probably accurate to say yes to both, but for sure, those who have a yearning for spirituality as defined by Kabbalah. It’s where it all started.

Brad
          Participant

I mean everyone not just those with a

point in the heart.  But yea, that makes sence , thx.

Brad
          Participant

Thanks

mrc s
      Participant

Is all numbers good numbers?

mrc s
      Participant

My intuition/instinct tells me that we are all the same even with the animate, vegetative etc, but there are successful people and sinners (so I read in the bible) how are we the same if the righteous are rewarded and the sinners are punished, why not God create all righteous?

We are all the same matter, but of course we are different in the ways you think we are and the fact that we come from a different root of the soul. We weren’t created to be “dolls” but He wanted us to consciously develop. That won’t happen if we all stay unaware of what “good” is by being born as “righteous”.

Chris

mrc s
      Participant

The will to receive is the self of the Creatures but I want in the end to be like even identical/merge with the creator which is the force of giving, are we stuck with our essence of receiving with only the intention that is giving?

Our nature will always be the will to receive, this is our matter – but we can use it in a way that resembles that Creator. This is the process until the end of correction. What’s after that – the Kabbalists don’t tell us.

Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 535 through 540 (of 1,115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.