Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 145 through 150 (of 428 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      AspiringAltruist
      Participant

I’ve been diving into Lesson 11 of Pticha with KabU past lessons, where a humorous yet insightful analogy caught my attention. Daniel raised a question about the concept of free choice. You responded with a clever parable: imagine fish debating the nature of dryness—a condition entirely alien to their underwater existence.

These fish enthusiastically try to convince each other about the wonders of dryness, despite having no real grasp of it: “dryness?! yeah, it’s great!”.  They even muse about what it might be like under a rock or at the water’s surface, all the while circling around the concept of dryness as if it was something within their reach. This analogy was a humorous way to show how we, much like the fish, grapple with the abstract idea of free choice. You explained that true free choice exists in a perfect balance of giving and receiving, in a specific state known as the middle third of Tifferet, and that while this concept is complex, we approach it through our environment.

The story and the discussion were not only amusing but also illuminated the nuanced path to understanding free choice. It’s these moments that make the educational journey at KabU so fantastic.  Thank you!

Kimadigital7
      Participant

Please, I have these questions. I have noticed that Rav Laitman always talks about the love of others. And even reading the writings of Rabash. I wish to ask, what is love and who are these others? Are the others the points in the heart or an individual, as in flesh and blood? I asked those questions because in order for me to know how to love others, I must recognise what is it and how to do it? Thank you.

Others are those outside myself. Except love means bringing them closer to the goal of life, the Creator’s goal. Meaning I need to become similar in thought to Him. Now I have a problem: I need to go according to people’s desire because you can’t love me by giving me kale if I hate kale. Therefore you can work on loving specifically those who have a desire for Kabbalah already. You help them, you come closer to love. That’s not love yet exactly, we’ll find out what love is later. But you demonstrate in the system of forces that you’d like to be like the Creator, you agree with His Plan, and you wish to serve Him.

I have this dialog inside me and I need your help to clarify it, Gianni, please. If I started to learn Kabbalah for all the wrong reasons, certain frustrations I have from the corporeal life, and it seems like I cannot get rid of them in the work; they are coloring everything I hear or do, corrupting my work, and my frustrations are so strong I don’t even notice them many times, how should I scrutinize this and make progress? If I was in your Ten, how would you help me see and overcome this (especially the inability to notice them)?

Thank you in advance!

All one needs is greater importance of the goal. I need to get it from the friends. Then, everything else will fall into its correct place. It’s a shorting by the Light that needs to occur. It’s good if you already see that you can’t do it. Now, the above needs to take place.

Seeker of Wisdom
      Participant

On suffering. I was pondering on this  in the Zohar: “spilling seed is more severe than all sins, since he defiles his soul in the world and the world to come and he does not see the glory of the Shichenah” -Zohar Vyeshev

I know some Rabbis say that absolute “holiness” is required to study Kabbalah.
      But we also hear that Kabbalah has nothing to do with morality.

1) So are man and wife required to try for procreation every time they are “together”?

2) Would people who come to the Wisdom of Kabbalah “suffer” less if they knew this?

3) What is Teshuva for this if any? Is what some of the Rabbis say on Teshuva for this applicable today?

*this is asked with the utmost respect as I know it is a sensitive subject

Seeker of Wisdom
        Participant

Thank you for your dedication and answer Gianni.

It’s not sensitive for me. But these things don’t talk about this world. Same as I just answered Zorica below. We’re confused with what’s on the screen, but behind it is 1s and zeros. That is, Light and Kli. So, a person is having an imagination that he’s in this world, and he has names for all the things he observes in this imagination. Kabbalah doesn’t talk at all about what’s going on in that imagination.

That’s why we recommend if reading the Zohar to only read it with the Sulam commentary because there, next to each word, is the translation into the language of Sefirot, Olamot, etc. Otherwise, a person can’t help but think it’s about this world.

That said, what I do with my physical body doesn’t harm or help me spiritually. I can replace it all, put a pig heart in place of my heart and still reach adhesion with the Creator.

In light of the question, who am I, who has ego? The body? To what is the ego “attached”?

Thank you in advance!

All there is is desire. The ego is the desire that is aimed to receive. There’s nothing else. There can be anything on the screen but behind it, these are the 0s and 1s.

zeinab
      Participant

Hi,

Some clarity, a most recent article in one of the Rav’s classes talks about gratitude, the article in question is ” One’s Future Depends and Is Tied to Gratitude for the Past” if the creator is a force, why does He need our gratitude, going back to the Psalms by King  David, there are many psalms of praise, why does this force need our praise and gratitude, how does praise and gratitude influence the upper levels?

thank you

He needs nothing. It’s I who needs, for my correction, to learn to thank and praise the Creator.

Viewing 6 posts - 145 through 150 (of 428 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.