Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 487 through 492 (of 514 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Nan Bress
      Participant

Rabash gives helpful tips of how all should show up at our workshops to inspire one another. I know nothing is redundant in terms of our corporeal traits. I also have yet to read anything in Rabash about optimists or pessimists but wonder if there is more instruction on how these two forces can best help one another in a ten? For example, we learn that descents are to be embraced for the illumination on what needs to be corrected, but we also do not want to prolong them. Can the force of optimism help to move along the dark cloud that lingers over the pessimist just a little bit? If so, how?

Lyndon
      Participant

Dear Grad  Environment,  while doing the young group for the first time I was in a temporary ‘10’ which ended a good few weeks back.  I’m currently waiting to be placed in my second permanent ‘10’ but haven’t been given any indication of time when this will happen (although somebody said it is approximately week eight of the young group).  I’m uncertain but currently I am doing the second round of the young group and waiting but if you could let me know that would be helpful – no problem in the mean time  Warm wishes and thank you Lyndon.

Lyndon
      Participant

Dear Instructor, in ‘Gems of Wisdom’ at p.19 it says, “The soul cascaded by way of cause and consequence and descended degree-by-degree until it became suitable to come into this world and clothe the filthy corporeal body.”

Why does it here refer to the physical body as being ‘filthy’, surly the physical aspec of me is not filthy and I haven’t heard this before.  Surly the physical body is as necessary for the individual to experience the world in its fullness and learn by way of it and not to be despised or spoke of as being filthy. It [the physical organs and body]  is a temple to the living spirit which dwells within?

Could you explain.  Thanks.  Lyndon S.

Hello Lyndon. The descent into the filthy corporeal body refers to the state where I only want to receive for my own benefit. We start to see this state as filthy when we feel it is preventing us from attaining the pure state of being like the Creator. Both states are necessary because without both we feel nothing. Kabbalists bless for both the “bad” and the “good”.

Lyndon
          Participant

Hi Jim, That makes sense and aligns with my understanding very much so far and I am more clear now with your reply here.  Thanks.

Paul
      Participant

What is the distinction between being balanced int he middle line and being centered in the middle line?

Hello Paul. I don’t know that there is a distinction. Sounds like two ways to same the same thing. The problem is I don’t know what the middle line is until actually entering spirituality. After crossing the machsom, then, as the kabbalists say, there is none so wise as the experienced.

Paul
          Participant

Hallo Jim, I asked it because I was intrigued by a blogpost from Rav Laitman. **Here is an excerpt (and now i see, containing the answer to my question) :

[…] However, on the human level, balance is not reached by averaging, like it is on the still, vegetative, or animate levels, but by the means that the minus and the plus are uniting together! The left and the right lines do not balance themselves out in the middle, but are united at the center, and that is why this middle line turns out to be on a higher level than their simple sum. This is the difference between the middle line in our world and in the spiritual.

** Blogpost: The union of the plus and the minus.

Jhon Alvarez
      Participant

When we are starting in the study of the wisdom of Kabbalah, we might be confused about the concept of prayer, and therefore do not want to engage in prayer, because we don’t feel we have developed a deficiency for a true prayer. However, in Ten, the work sometimes requires engaging in prayer with other friends that might have the need for it. What is the right approach here? Should we resist prayer until we feel the true need for it? or Can we start engaging in a group prayer even if we still do not feel the deficiency for prayer? and/or we don even understand what a true prayer is?  How can we at least express gratitude to the Creator for putting us in the right environment? Can we try at the beginning to elevate in a form of prayer that the need for a prayer and the deficiency for it comes?

Hello Jhon. “Can we try at the beginning to elevate in a form of prayer that the need for a prayer and the deficiency for it comes?”

This is a good discernment. If we don’t have a deficiency for a prayer, we need to pray to have such a deficiency. Kabbalists call it a prayer before the prayer.  Rav Laitman has said many times – our only work is to connect together and pray. The challenge is to keep at it until we achieve both of these.

Nan Bress
      Participant

When I read from Baal HaSulam that “the memory of our friends left hopelessly in the terrible desert remains deep within our hearts,” I think of today’s high schools students who are suffering acutely in the unreality of COVID, where former teen-pleasure-seeking paths are bypassed as they experience nihilism at an accelerated rate. How can we throw this generation a rope down their hole?

Hello Nan. Kabbalah is really only relevant to people with an awakened point in the heart. Those who feel the need to know the meaning of life. The best help we can give to the regular corporeal world is to advertise to them that life can be much better if we operate from an altruistic point of view, as opposed to the egoistic position.  In Bnei Baruch we call this type of outreach “Integral Education”.

Viewing 6 posts - 487 through 492 (of 514 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.