Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Clara
      Participant

1.To Video 1.4 about Parsut (?): So, can I say in other words that in Parsut bestowing and receiving are one? In quality and in will, the lower self or ego ceasing to exist becoming a chanel in giving to others what it receives from above?

2. Did I understand right?, bestowing in order to receive is still within the ego, what is an “another way around ego” experiencing minus, or lack? But if others would bestow back to it what it has been bestowing, and if it would have receiving it, it would have been working, right? Isn’t this the ground on which “treat your brother like you want to be treated” and “love thy brother as thyself” take place? But yes, only with the condition of interconnection, and here is the critical pont.

Hi Clara,

(1) The Partzuf is divided in 3, and in the middle part, the Toc, it receives in order to bestow – so, yes it’s reception is bestowal. But it has another part, the Rosh, which only measures whether it will be able to do so – that is receive the pleasure in order to bestow. And there is a third part, the Sof, in which it cannot receive the pleasures to bestow, so that remains empty. Every spiritual degree has these 3 parts.

Julius Lindeberg
      Participant

Hi! I have a question, or maybe more of a reflection. As my studies progress I find myself a bit confused by the fact that the I find that a big portion of the texts have a scientfic flavor, that is they are not often written in a language full of emotional expressions. At the same time I can feel a lot of things happening in me on an emotional level. I is as if I can sense my emotions and affects more clearly. Thankful for reflections on this phenomenon.

Warmly//Julius

The wisdom itself is a science, meaning there is a system of laws that we’re under and other systems, systems of bestowal, that we enter. As we do so, and even as we get close to them, we start to feel them. We perceive everything in feeling, but the systems are lawful, as in our world that can be described solely according to mechanics, on the still, vegetative and animate levels. Even on our level, absolutely everything could be described mechanically, lawfully. It’s the upper will that we’ll feel as if we’re separate beings, independent of this system, but it is not really so. Long story short, the wisdom is indeed a hard science – even harder than physics – but how we feel it is in our emotions, like we feel our lives emotionally in sensations, feelings. Kabbalists don’t describe spirituality emotionally, as rule. Because you cannot convey emotions. We can talk about excitement or love in our world because each person can imagine them – of course we don’t understand each other and each pictures them differently. But when it comes to spiritual emotions, only true Kabbalists have felt them, the Upper World, and therefore there’s nothing to talk about other than to provide the science that brings the person himself to become a Kabbalist. All that’s written is things to make that come to pass, and no wisdom, no knowledge, nothing else besides this.

Ann Stephens
      Participant

I’m struggling to remember all of the terms in Kabbalah (for example: Adam Kadmon, Atzilut, Beria, Yetzira, Assiya, or the 10 Sefirot). How important is it important that I begin to memorize these terms?

It’ll happen gradually as you develop more of a sensation toward these terms. They’re realities one can gradually start sensing.

John
      Participant

Below is a quote from, “Kabbalah, Science and the Meaning of Life”, page 31:

“The root of the Hebrew word Nivra (created being) stems from the word Bar (outside). Thus, the term “creature” or “created being” refers to something or someone outside the Creator’s will.”

Please explain how the above quote can be True, how can the “created being” actually BE outside of the Creator’s Will?  Kabbalah teaches that the Creator is all there IS, and all that is Created IS His Will because there is no opposing Will or Force.

It is Known in this aspect of the Creator, that referring to any of aspect of Creation as being somehow “outside” of the Creator’s Will is a non sequitur.  It can’t possibly follow that He can Will something into Reality, and have this something not be His Will.  The Creator is Perfect, and His Creations are Perfect, in the instant of their Creation.

We can speak about the “Whole”, and the ax that can cut out a “part”, and speak about that “part” as being “apart” from the Whole.  And then this seemingly separate “part” goes through a process of “correction” and reunification with the Creator.  This can be a part of the Kabbalah Teaching, for His Divine Purposes.  But His Essence is Eternally imprinted in all that the Creator Creates.  So there can never be an Actual part of Creation that is outside of His Perfect Will. In Fact and in Truth there is just One, and He IS that ONE. As one of the Creator’s Infinitude of Aspects, ‘I’ am Eternally at One with Him.  There is no “other” way to BE.

How does Kabbalah explain this quote above, in Light of the Creator’s Unity and Perfection?

Thank you.  Love and Blessings to all.

Hi John,

The creature is outside the Creator’s will because there is a space for free choice. Every concept in Kabbalah contains a thing and its opposite. That’s because there are 3 lines. One is the right. One is the left. And then the middle line is where we discover the Creator’s quality in between them. So, it’s not that you’ve located the contradiction in the Kabbalistic teachings, but rather you have yet to locate the contradiction in each and every Kabbalistic teaching. This is how reality is built: from a thing and its opposite. With the reality before us we understand that it’s built that way: an atom has plus and minus inside, etc. And we know that out of these opposite. But the spiritual world is not ready-made. We build it, out of the opposites. Thus, you’re already asking about the part where only the student has to sort it out, and sort it out – in the end – only be reaching a new quality, like the atom born out of opposites. The result: one finds out that, yes, both are true together, in a way we could not imagine in our previous qualities.

John
          Participant

Thank you, Beloved Gianni, for your kind response.

Yes, “a space for free choice”, as you say, is a part of the Kabbalah Teachings.  And yes, it is also the teaching of other Spiritual paths, that opposites resolve into One as the student “climbs” to higher and higher levels of Spiritual “evolution”.  Like the model of the Tree of Life, there is the right-hand pillar of Mercy, the left-hand path of Severity, and the middle path of Perfect balance in Him.

But all of these teachings are still at the lowest levels of Spiritual Truth.  They are a necessary part of the Teachings, not just in Kabbalah, but in most of the other paths available to Truth-Seekers around the world.  When the “part” has not even the slightest Awareness that Oneness is all there IS, then the Teaching has to begin with addressing the “part” as if it really is an individual, and that free choice is really available.

This is all the Creator’s Program, His Perfect Will, to unfold His Perfection, to His “creatures”, and allow them this “space for free choice”.  This is all good, all just exactly and precisely what the Creator initially has Chosen to give out as Truth.

What this ‘I’, this aspect of the Creator writing Here, is bringing to the Awareness of all students of this Kabbalah Path to Truth, is that ultimately, in the final stroke of Revelation, the Creator Awakens Itself, in ‘you’, in ‘me’, in all of ‘us’, as Himself.  There never was a ‘you’ or a ‘me’ that was a separate creature, with opposite characteristics, unholy, selfish desires, etc.  Time and Space, these seemingly isolated corporeal bodies, planets, stars, galaxies, etc., all that seems to be His Creation, apart from Him, at the opposite end of His Holiness, in terms of form, is really just a game He plays with Himself.  There is no other.

We can seem to “choose” to pick our environment and use the “ten” to facilitate an easier correction, read the coded words of the Zohar to further this correction process along, and advance through the unfolding Reshimot through the next level and the next and the next, to the final 125th step to Perfect Adhesion with the Creator, and this is all one of the best games in the world of Spiritual teachings today.

But there is only the Creator.  It is all His Free Will, all His Doing, not ‘yours’, or ‘mine’.   But until the final Revelation, the Teachings will speak in this manner.  And His “Work” is already Done, Complete, Finished, right HERE, right NOW.  There is no time and space.  There are no steps in Eternity.  There IS no ‘other’ way for His Perfection to BE.  But we can all pretend that we really are separate creatures, advancing to our highest perfection.  This is all His Will.

It is seen in the posts and the questions of these Beloved Kabbalah students that there is a great desire for Truth and Spiritual fulfillment, to uplift the world with the Bestowal of the Creator’s Giving.  This is wonderful.  The ‘I’ writing HERE, is greatly Blessed to be in this group and in these Kabbalah Teachings.

So the intention HERE is to just share this Awareness:  it’s all good, even when it seems ‘bad’.  There’s no need for concern, no need for confusion, no need to fear failure.  You are already in the Creator, intrinsically, inextricably, and Eternally One with Him.  The Teachings are just a great game to come “Home” to your Truth Truth, as Him.

Blessings to all.

John Allen
      Participant

This may seem a very simple question, but one that has been present in my mind. What does a student of Kabbalah call themselves? “Student of Kabbalah” seems a mouthful. In my view, a Kabbalist is one who has already attained certain levels. Knowing I am still early in my path and studies, is there a term for one who has started studying the Wisdom?

Hi John,

You’re right that we can be humble about calling ourselves Kabbalists. A Kabbalist is something we can’t imagine yet. It means I can use all my desires, even those I don’t know about yet, in order to bestow. While our state is far, far from that – so far that we’re first in an opposite process by which we’re going above our desires. Not using them. Except for the basic regular animal desires for food, sex, family, etc. We aren’t even permitted to play with the real, big desires because we can’t work with them correctly. So, yes, we’re far from being Kabbalists at the moment. On the other hand, we’re called according to our goal. So we can also say we’re Kabbalists. But it’s a bit more realistic to call each other friends, by which we mean friends on the spiritual path.

John Allen
          Participant

Thank you for that. I like thought of Friends on the Path.

I was just born with a sense of wholeness, connected to all, love for all (so not my conscious merit at all), I saw everyone as good, I never felt any lack. All my life I felt everyone’s sorrows, their happiness as my own and I only felt alive when I can do something for someone, or see people happy. I never felt like I have needs on my own that I need to take care of, it was like if I have any, they will be taken care by some higher force, and they were. When I saw suffering, I felt like I was responsible for that, and I must do something. But in all these, especially when I went over the Moon to help someone, I got hurt more and more violently. Moreover, even when I wanted to “retaliate” (in a spur of the moment), I clearly felt like some force had stopped me, disabled me to do anything that would harm another being.

And then, 7 years ago, all that changed. First I discovered Kabbalah, then there was pick in my interactions, and then everything fell apart and completely changed. Now, I don’t like people, I don’t want to talk to them, connect or anything I used to love before. I don’t feel the urge to help, don’t feel their needs, I don’t even care about their needs. I have 2-3 close people, and that’s more than enough.

So, it feels like some kind of digression in the light of all I hear here. Like my path is going backwards…

And, now this idea that I must re-connect to all terrifies me, to be honest. I really don’t want to now, so is there any way I can do this on my own? I feel like I must study Kabbalah, not like I have a choice here, so please help me.

Thanks for understanding!

This way the Creator shows a person that one is not truly in a form of wholeness and connection according to the definition that the Creator has of wholeness and connection. I’m placed in this work specifically due to the fact that I’m someone who needs correction and is not already in spiritual wholeness, bestowal, love. So that I would not be satisfied with some incorrect or small form of wholeness the Creator disrupts my sensation of wholeness so that I would see that my true state is one of shattering. Then I’m ready for true connection, the connection that is not natural – Kabbalists aren’t interested in that – but connection that is above nature, that is imparted only by the Upper Force, and only when we work towards it in a correct way, in a Kabbalistic group

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.