Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 313 through 318 (of 466 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Purity K
      Participant

If I understood it correctly, Kabbalah was comprehensible during the time of Abraham and it wasn’t hidden.

What REALLY  happened  2,000 years ago that people failed to understand Kabbalah prompting it to be hidden?

Hi Ruth, great question!

Essentially a new level of egoism was revealed which led to the concealment of Kabbalah. But this concealment was not a bad thing, but a necessary step towards further advancement. Let’s put a few things into perspective to understand that:

Kabbalah is the method by which we correct our egoistic nature and as a result become similar to and reveal the Creator, the general force of love and bestowal.

The process of correction works according to the rule of “from light to heavy”. Meaning first the lighter, less egoistic souls reach their correction. They become as the pioneers that start this whole process. And only later on we focus on the heavier, coarser, more egoistic desires.

The people in the days of Abraham were less egoistic and therefore started this whole process. After they corrected the egoism on their level, it opened the door for the rest of the world, the carriers of the heavier, more egoistic desires, to reach their correction.

But the rest of the world was not yet ready for this correction. For this reason Kabbalah had to be temporarily concealed and the people who previously succeeded in this method needed to be scattered throughout the whole world. Then in the process of them integrating with the rest of the world, they sped up the development of the rest of the world to this final state of correction.

So we can see from this whole process that the concealment was not something bad, rather it was the necessary next step for the development of the world towards its correction.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2014/12/true-kabbalah-without-mysticism-or-myths-part-1/

Albert @ KabU

Szilva
      Participant

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

J
      Participant

Thank you for the amazing and inspirational video it felt like you were talking directly to me. I have been searching for a meaning and purpose to my life for as long as I can remember I have studied many branches of philosophy and theology, yoga and it’s philosophy and some really deep meditation but nothing has had the pull of authenticity as Kabbalah even though I realise I have only just scratched the surface in what I intend on being a lifelong quest for understanding and connection with my fellow Kabbalists ( if I can call myself a Kabbalist this early in my study).

slma
      Participant

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us.

slma
      Participant

Lisa
      Participant

Hello, this question is the same as my last one. In the video above, Tony K. is discussing some common misconceptions about what Kabbalah is. He says (paraphrasing): 1) some people, because of their misunderstanding, say Kabbalah is Jewish mysticism.  He also says, 2) the wisdom was intentionally hidden by the Kabbalists.  If it is true there is none else beside Him, if God is giving us even our very thoughts, how can the previous 2 statements be true and be judged as something that was done by the people as relates to each comment?

Hi Lisa,

On the one hand we’re all in a closed system which is constantly acting on us. On the other hand, each person has a certain amount of freedom in this system. But these things are a bit advanced for us right now. We’ll learn about them in the next semester.

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 313 through 318 (of 466 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.