Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 2 Discuss Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 55 through 60 (of 308 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Varda kahalany
      Participant

in one of the videos it was mentioned that Abraham was actually the first kabbalah teacher, he was inviting people to his tent, giving them food and shelter and teaching them Kabbalah. I would like to know where in the Torah there is a mention of it , or else, how do we know that he was teaching Kabbalah? We know that Abvraham was spreading the belief in one God but how we can conclude from this that he was teaching Kabbalah the people who were invited to his tent ?

Varda,
        What he was teaching is what we are learning.
        That is the Torah that was passed through the generations that we received from Baal HaSulam.
        You can explore the portion of the Torah VaYera and others.
        Seth@KabU

Juan Ocampo
      Participant

How does the boxes interact amongst each other? Light embeds the boxes who interact so how does that come in interplay in the experience of reality?

Juan,
        Are you referring to the spiritual worlds that Tony drew on the left side of the screen?
        Seth@KabU

Juan Ocampo
          Participant

Hi Seth.

So in the video they explain that the self is in a black box limited by how it perceives reality.

but I am curious about how the self interacts with the other self and how that also shapes our perceived reality. Like finding a loved one or disagreeing with a friend.

I guess is connected with the physical experiences.

Not sure if this is better explained is hard to put it into words. Sorry

thank you for following up

Alberto Velez
      Participant

Is altruism the key to all spiritual matters?

Alberto,
        Altruism is a result.
        In spirituality, everything is mutual and integral, each working for the benefit of the whole.
        Seth@KabU

Jack Davidsen
      Participant

Seth,

You write in your reply to Kim:

“… we were created 100% opposite from the Creator.  He is 100% to give and we are 100% to receive.
      But, this also leads to another problem.  Due to this situation, we our qualities are opposite from His and we are as far as east is from west.
      And so through many  garments called worlds, the Creator clothes Himself more and more until all that remains is a tiny spark of light that shines through.  This is what we grab onto and slowly by working, dancing, playing with Him, we reveal more and more light until we do reach again that state of complete unity with Him”

My question is why didn’t The Creator create us complete from the beginning? The fact that we cannot do or create anything or everything tells us that logically The Creator can create anything and everything. So why all the climbing and searching? Why not being in complete equivalence of form with Him to begin with?

If I may attempt an answer myself: Is it again that we cannot comprehend the answer while at the level I am at now? Is it that I have to do the climbing and learning first, and then later I will understand?

In other words, I will just have to follow my intuition since at this point I will not be able to see for myself what the truth is in any scientific or empirical sense, kind of like a baby has to trust his parents’ guidance. Am I right, or have I completely misunderstood this?

Thank you so much in advance.

PS. If my question is too incoherent to answer, I understand.

Jack,
        Let’s say you inherited 20 million dollars.
        But let’s say you didn’t know about it.  And you go to work, and you take care of life and you are worth 20 million dollars, but, you don’t know about it.
        Then one day someone comes to your door and explains that a long lost uncle left you all of this money and it is yours to do whatever you want with.
        So the 20 million was yours before, but you didn’t know.
        So let’s say that is us with the Creator now.  He is here, revealed in all of His glory, but I don’t see it, I don’t feel it like that, not because of Him, but because of my awareness.

Now let’s understand another scenario.  Imagine that one is totally adhered to the Creator in every thought and feeling, every smallest detail is in absolute harmonious synchronization with the thought of the Creator.  Well in that scenario, the person ceases to exist, he is totally nullified before the Creator, totally absorbed, like a spark is indistinguishable inside of the sun.

Now we can understand why there is the concealment, so that we would not remain nullified and opposite from the Creator, but that we would go through a special process whereby we would be separated and then by traversing the distance between Him and me, I come to know Him, understand Him, feel Him, arrive to be with Him in unity.
        Seth@KabU

Jack Davidsen
          Participant

Seth,

I understand perfectly now. Thank you for taking the time to explain. – Isn’t it funny how sometimes you can battle with a question for days or weeks (in some cases even years), and then when you realize you have to ask the question, and you muster the courage to do so, and somebody with a kind heart and the necessary knowledge answers, the answer suddenly becomes clear as if a thick fog had lifted. and you have to wonder how there was ever a time when you didn’t understand the problem?

You have such a beautiful way with words, it’s a pleasure to read your reply posts also to other students.

Thanks again………Jack.

Thanks for your kind words Jack.
          We all help each other.

Seth@KabU

Enoon
        Participant

I think the purpose is that we prove our desire to be like him, he wants us to deny our selfish desires to prove that we truly desire what he wants for us and not just our selfish desires. There is evil among us and there is a thief that steals for greed i.e. The bank robber and the thief that takes food so as not to starve. This is food we must seek out of necessity rather than selfish wants. If one does not need than one does not want. The paradox of the wisdom of truth is such that if one does not think than one can be connected to the source, but can one survive without thought or knowledge? I think yes and this should be our goal, be still and know that I am God. Like the Indians that would sit and sit  because they were afraid that the slightest movement could cause something bad to happen. Just my opinion

Bolevia Rambaran
      Participant

This infinite pleasure that the creature was meant to enjoy. Is it  pleasure as we know it like laughter, fun, good food, good friends, be able to share with others, giving to those who have needs, not lacking anything or is it a state of contentment with where you are and the fact that you are alive and you know what lies beyond this physical world.

Bolevia,
        In the same way that a child cannot understand the pleasure that a grandparent receives from gazing upon her grandchildren, similarly from our state we cannot relate to a pleasure that is on a degree above us.
        Think of the pleasures of a cat which is on the animate level and your pleasures on the human level, now imagine that from spirituality which is above our degree compared to our degree.
        The difference is that the gap between us and the spiritual is greater than the gap between the cat and us.
        Seth@KabU

Enoon
      Participant

are so called “visions” or as we call them dreams and having a certain if not total understanding of it a sixth sense? An understanding of something one does not necessarily know the full of the matter? If that makes sense

Enoon,
        Dreams are something different than the sixth sense.
        Here is a blog post by our teacher the kabbalist Rav Laitman where he explains dreams:
        https://laitman.com/2015/01/the-origin-of-dreams/#gsc.tab=0
        Enjoy,
        Seth@KabU

Enoon
          Participant

The fears are easy enough to understand but what about feeling the source and seeing the energy a giant ball of infinite power I have had several dreams of this light in various forms I am not making this up I felt the fear of God that’s what lead me here I still feel it when I talk about it

Enoon
          Participant

Sorry but I guess I am searching for answer without asking the question. Could this mean the “Mishiach” is coming soon? Or a desire that I simply want fufilled?

Viewing 6 posts - 55 through 60 (of 308 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.