Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 2 Discuss Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Joshua Ajang
      Participant

Hi colleagues

Since have been separated from the creator which is Adam haresha or so whatever how are we going to reunited again?

Regards

Ajang Joshua Kuol.

Joshua,
        Wonderful question.
        This is all of our work.
        First we start learning about who we are, where we are and what is the nature of the forces operating on us.
        That is what we are doing in these first several semesters.
        After we have that foundation, we will start working together to reassemble this vessel.
        🙂
        Seth@KabU

Anthony
      Participant

“When all human beings agree to abolish and eradicate their will to receive for themselves and have no other desire but to bestow upon their friends, all worries and jeopardy in the world would cease to exist. And we would all be assured of a whole, and wholesome life since each of us would have a whole world caring for us, ready to fulfill our needs.”

Above is a quote from the lesson. It seems as if what is said in the video is a contradiction.

Abolish and eradicate point to the fact to remove, to do away with.

In the video, the instructor commented that we should build another desire on top of the old, which is impossible in Kabbalah. Two opposite desires cannot mix.

Anthony,
        You are right.  We will always remain a will to receive.  That is the only creation that the Creator made.
        And while we exist as animals on the animal degree, we live instinctively and we don’t feel our connection to the whole network, to the whole system.  But as the light shines on us and we start to discover our true nature, we feel that we are opposite from the Creator and when we advance more, we feel that we don’t want to be opposite from the Creator, we want to bestow like He bestows.
        So the Creator gives us a desire to receive and we, through our efforts in the group and with the books and the study, we build a desire to bestow.  It is something novel and new.  You are right again, in this world two opposites cannot exist together.  In spirituality this problem does not exist, everything is one in spirituality, above time, space and motion.
        Seth@KabU

Anthony
      Participant

How can the ego be used for good? It is the cause of so much suffering?

If the ego program is not transformed in us, according to Kabbalah, it will put us in separation from the Creator.

How can Kabbalahist say that Creator/ Nature created this program called egoism?

It would seem that our wrong actions created this program we call egoism.

The possibilities for deviance are not the same as its advocacy.

If the Creator created egoism, wouldn’t it point to the fact that the Creator/ Nature is not perfect within itself because it would not be in a state of rest within itself?

Would this also be an accurate statement? Neither is faithful adherence to divinity the same as reassigning desire to the Creator because the ego and the Creator cannot mix.

Anthony,
        You asked all of the correct questions.
        How can it be that from the perfect Creator came something so imperfect, something that is the cause of all of the ruin?
        This is a perfect question and will lead you towards the correct answer.
        First, who am I who sees reality like this.  Am I seeing all of reality?
        And what is the purpose of creation?  For example when I see a green banana, I don’t call the banana bad and bitter, I say that this banana is not ripe yet.  When it is ripe it will be sweet and with humanity, maybe it is at the stage of the green banana, maybe it is bitter and not yet ripe and sweet.
        What do the kabbalists tell us?
        They tell us that the thought of Creation is to create a creature and fill it with endless fulfillment.
        So, if there will be a creature who can receive endlessly, then there needs to be the creation of an endless lack that will later be filled by the endless light.
        Now we are getting somewhere…
        Seth@KabU

Margaret
      Participant

Are we given instructions or tools through the Kabbalah on recognizing the Reshimot and how to receive/manage each Reshimo, as it arrives? Thank you in advance for your help and clarity on this matter.

Margaret,
        There are millions of these reshimot, more even.  It takes a lot of preparation until we can calibrate ourselves to the spiritual world.  We can certainly feel larger more coarse changes, but the subtle moment to moment changes we are still unable to feel.  And part of this is by design.  Why?  Because we perceive spirituality with a vessel called “faith”, it is not faith that we are used to from this world.  It is a degree of attainment, called faith, it is a degree of attainment that is above our mind, above our mind and reason.  In the world this is called that we “believe in something”, but we are not talking about believing but attaining something above the mind.

So here is a way to work with this now although this will take some getting used to.   Every single moment that comes to you was prepared precisely for your optimal spiritual advancement.  So the advice is like we do on a difficult hike, follow the steps of the guide, he steps here, I step here, he steps there I step there and then I discover that I made it to the top of the mountain too, even though in my own mind I didn’t know where were the snakes and were were the pitfalls, but by acquiring the mind of the upper I make it to the top of the mountain and then feel that all in my own sensations.
        Seth@KabU

Margaret
          Participant

Hi Seth.

Thank you very much for your reply. I love the way in which you explain “faith”, as being more of an attainment than a belief. Also, your example of going on a difficult hike was very enlightening, too. I will spend some time integrating your response. I really appreciate your taking the time to answer my question.

Kind Regards

Margaret

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you for the Video Tony, it is the second time I am watching all the videos though i belong to the Graduate Environment!  It helps to study again and understand better all the voocabulary and definitions. I also wonder that this method makes us perceive the people around us in a different way and also understand them, they are not yet ready because they do not have the “point on the heart” and therefore we cannot judge them, but accept theem.  However, it is hard to see how people and family suffer because they continue being so “egoistic” and they continue making the same errors.

Mark
      Participant

1. Is there a difference between good bestowal and bad (e.g., if I buy an obese person an unlimited supply of cake, they might think I’m altruistic and generous, but that’s ultimately not beneficial to them)?

2. Should we ever go backward and attempt to remedy times in the past when we weren’t as altruistic as we could have been, or move forward with this knowledge from this point forth?

3. Can you provide any tips to approach those whom have done something to us in the past which is difficult to forgive, wronged us in some way, from the mindset of the will to bestow?

Chaz,
        1.  Bestowal is an action that takes place in the intention.  You can give the same piece of cake for example and it can be an act of bestowal or an act or reception and it is not in relation to what an unconscious person thinks.  In fact the whole world can think of me the opposite of what I am and it does not change the inner nature of what is happening.

2.  There are two things here.  One is the your corporeal life and the other is your spiritual life.  If you cursed at your mom, so yes, bring her flowers and apologize and try to make peace, etc. etc.  Spiritually we are always moving forward, even if you go back to give her flowers and clean up a previous mess.  I recommend to behave in this world as a normal person and do all the normal things to maintain good, healthy relationships in this world.  At the same time, learn the wisdom of kabbalah and you will see where the spiritual corrections are made.

3.  The will to bestow is something that we acquire through much preparation.  It is not a trick or a technique or a style of communication.  I really recommend that while you are learning the fundamentals of the wisdom of kabbalah, imagine you are studying to be a heart surgeon.  Even if you learn something fascinating in the lab, you don’t go outside to the street and try to do it.  So continue to live your life in a normal way.  If someone is dangerous, distance yourself, if you can smooth things over with someone, work on it.  And at the same time, continue to study in the lab more and more.  You will discover that the spiritual corrections are not in the place where you thought they were before.  You will open new feelings and new perceptions and it will become more clear.

Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 307 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.