Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 2 Discuss Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 301 through 306 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Danielle Vergonet
      Participant

Dear KabU,

For me is everything new and quite a lot of the time I don’t really understand it. For example I still not really understand the 10 sefirot. Does it matter, of just by studying everything will make more sense. For example some texts I really understand and some are to complicated for me.
      I see already I understand step by step more, but sometimes I think, shall i read it over and over till I understand it. Or can I leave it now as it is and later it will make sense. The mean question is, is it important that i really understand it through or is a bit also enough and will think come back later.

Danielle,
        You sound like a kabbalist 🙂
        As the verse says, ki mi’tzion tetze torah.  Literally, “from Zion comes the Torah”. The word tzion (zion) means “exits”.  From exits we receive the Torah.  It means that the light enters the vessel and then exits, again and again and this builds impressions in the vessel.
        We can see this in our world, an infant has only eaten mashed peas and carrots.  Then she gets a little older and at a birthday party she gets her first taste of chocolate ice cream (new light enters the vessel ..so to speak 🙂
        The child’s eyes light up, everything is new and wonderful, then Mom takes it away but now the child has had an impression of that new light and now it is gone, but she remembers it.  Before when she was smaller, she only had an impression of peas and carrots, that was her life, now her vessel has increased and she has a bigger yearning, for more.
        There is also something special in the study called the light that reforms and we can also take an example from the little child who sits on the floor of the living room while all of the adults around her speak and while she makes sounds and doesn’t comprehend what is going on, but just by the influence of the upper ones, she slowly starts to be affected and slowly starts to enter their reality first with one word or one reactive expression and then more and more until she grows and stabilizes herself in their world.
        In short, the study is working correctly on you.
        Seth@KabU

Miryam
      Participant

Why is the Creator referred to with male pronouns? Thank you.

Miryam,
        Sometimes in the Hebrew language, the language of kabbalah, you will even hear the Creator’s pronoun as plural.  And sometimes when referring to the shechina for instance or the torah, it is referred to as feminine.
        Of course there is no gender to the upper, simple light.
        From our perspective, the perspective of the lower ones, everything is according to how we perceive it.
        Also in our world, there is one person who you call mom.  someone else calls her lover, another person calls her daughter.

So to your question, remember that a bestowing force is referred to as male and all receiving force is referred to as female.
        Think of it more like proton and electron for now instead of man and woman.
        We want to get used to the laws and forces that are operating around us and in us without confusing ourselves with characters from this world.
        Later we will begin to understand the connection between things.
        Seth@KabU

Mira Brooks
      Participant

Hi,

I had a question about the first question from the knowledge check, in which it was stated that, “There is no reality outside a person’s perception.” Could you please briefly elaborate on this concept? I was initially under the impression that we needed to develop a sixth sense to perceive in a more holistic, spiritual way; however, that did not discount the notion of a true, objective reality and natural laws of the universe that we live in.

Mira,
        Suppose I am a farmer and I need rain.  For 5 generations my family  worked this land and we count on the rain during this season.
        Suppose there is a young couple who will be getting married next weekend and now that it rained last week, the flowers are in bloom, but if it rains next weekend, it will ruin the celebration.  So you have two groups of people who are not at war with each other, they don’t even know each other, but when each checks the weather they are hoping for opposite things and when it shows it may rain, one gets a sick feeling and the other gets a feeling of joy and when it shows it may not rain, the other gets a sick feeling and the other ones are happy.
        Everything in our life is like this.  We are building a reality based on our desires, what we see, what we feel, it is all based on the quality of our desires.  As you wrote above, all of reality is filled with endless upper abundance, as you called a true objective reality, but we have no way to feel that.  According to our vessels we feel it, and we don’t feel it at all yet.
        All we feel is according to the vessels, the upper light does not change.  By definition, it does not change.
        Seth@KabU

Sandra
      Participant

Hi

In the Kabbalah of Student p13 it says: We were commanded to conceal the essence of the Torah and the work from those…because thus the glory of God demands.

My questions are:

Who commanded to conceal Kabbalah?

How come Kabbalist were more evolved than the rest of the people?

I would like to better understand creation, if it all started at the bing bang why arent we all at the same level of evolution?

Thank you

Hi Sandra,
        If you have been to New York, you can tell me where to go to get good pizza.  It’s downtown on the east side, by the small park, near the church, on corner across from the flower shop.  And I can go to New York and I can see all those places and I can reach the pizza shop and get the pizza and taste the pizza and enjoy the pizza because we share the same world, the same language, the same general senses.  Of course giving those good directions to a polar bear, he doesn’t understand you and he has no reference to what is a flower shop nor is he interested in good pizza.
        There is a famous rule in the wisdom of kabbalah that one does not name what he does not attain.
        Therefore, when a kabbalist writes for us, he is writing from his attainment, he is telling us about the “streets, about the pizza place”, he’s telling us about what he experienced there in the spiritual reality.
        All people will reach these sensations, they are the most simple thing, they are the basis of reality, only that we need to develop correctly in order to feel them.  All of nature develops gradually in stages.  Earth was not covered in vegetation in a day, it was not covered in animals in a day and it isn’t covered in kabbalists in a day, slowly we ripen like all of creation.
        Great questions!
        Seth@Kab

Sandra
          Participant

Thank you so much Seth for your answer. I understand clearly what you are saying. I had another question regarding the sixth sense. I know Kabbalah defines it as intention. In our every day world we define it as intuition. Is it the same thing or is intuition defined differently in Kabbalah?

Danielle Vergonet
      Participant

If our natural state is the will to receive then I can understand the suffering what is happening in the world. But the people who really make other creatures suffer,  are they concious about it or are they just in this cycle of only receiving and don’t know how to get out? And is it to us to make people more concious about it or it is everyone’s own path.

Danielle,
        We will learn more about who we are and what is the nature of our reality.
        All in all our world is a the last step in a long progression of concealments.
        What started as the endless light called Ein Sof, which filled reality in all directions evenly, gets concealed in each subsequent world until we don’t perceive that reality at all and more than that the vessel in which we felt that reality, the sensing organ that sensed that fulfillment has shattered.  We are all parts of that shattered vessel.  That is where we are now.
        But the endless light still fills all of reality and if we can put together a small piece of the shattered vessel then we can feel the endless light.  There is no such thing as a small part or a large part of the endless light.  If we attain the endless light, we are feeling the endless light.
        There is no one who causes any suffering independant of the Creator.
        The Creator does and will do everything.  That means that reality is still that endless upper light, but what we perceive as a world full of problems is a reflection of our shattered state.
        We will have to disseminate this wisdom to everyone in the most digestible and pleasant way so everyone will know and understand what is happening to us and why and how we can reach what is called, “life”.
        Seth@KabU

Danielle,
        What started as the endless light called Ein Sof, which filled reality in all directions evenly, gets concealed in each subsequent world until we don’t perceive that reality at all and more than that the vessel in which we felt that reality, the sensing organ that sensed that fulfillment has shattered.  We are all parts of that shattered vessel.  That is where we are now.
        But the endless light still fills all of reality and if we can put together a small piece of the shattered vessel then we can feel the endless light.  There is no such thing as a small part or a large part of the endless light.  If we attain the endless light, we are feeling the endless light.
        The Creator does and will do everything.  That means that reality is still that endless upper light, but what we perceive as a world full of problems is a reflection of our shattered state.
        We will have to disseminate this wisdom to everyone in the most digestible and pleasant way so everyone will know and understand what is happening to us and why and how we can reach what is called, “life”.
        Seth@KabU

Danielle,
        Seth@KabU

Mark Taylor
      Participant

It has surprised me just how much, based on what I have learned so far, I intuitively put together on my own. I feel I was guided here.  Do you think that happens or is it just an interesting coincidence

Hi Mark,
        Yes, we have all sorts of sensations like that, whether we piece it together and then read about it or we receive some illumination that gives a person an answer to all the questions.  You will discover many phenomenon.  There are also times where it is impossible to detect any dirt in the house if it is dark. But when you turn on a lamp, you can see that there is dirt there.  So when a new light shines we then feel more dark at first.
        At this stage of the work, when we are approaching and we have a lot of enthusiasm, it is worthwhile to keep a notebook and write about these things for yourself.  The purpose is not to philosophize, but that about such and such, I relate to it.  About this I am filled with wonder, about that I wonder what I will discover.  And you will be able to use this to begin to establish yourself, to build a foundation in a world that is above the sensations of this world where we were born a few decades ago.
        Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 301 through 306 (of 307 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.