Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 37 through 42 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Clara
      Participant

What is ment by “period of incarnation”? Is ment that I am dad? And the reincarnation takes place in the same body? Or is every correction a kind of incarnation in the same body ment as “embodiment”?

Scott
      Participant

Are there any words of wisdom to keep a clearer mind?

I’m believing that I’m in the Spiritual Vegetative state, but perhaps not. I feel the traits of that state taking place so deeply that it makes me physically ill as I want to proceed with success of achieving them. But, “Beginning to work with the desire to bestow” I feel is seriously lacking because I’m only seeing the opportunities to bestow after the moment passes and it’s too late. I’ve always been a “giver” in some way, but of course I understand more about true bestowal at this point.

Thanks!

Scott

Hi Scott,

We’re not yet on any spiritual degree, we’re still in the preparation period prior to the spiritual ladder. But once we start to do real spiritual work, we can measure our progress in our attitude towards other points in the hearts. That I’ll feel how my attitude towards them changes, from complete indifference, all the way until I feel them as pieces of my soul. We’ll learn more about this in the more advanced lessons.

Albert @ KabU

Scott
          Participant

Ok thanks! That shows my ignorance of my own state haha. I guess I just felt like I was going through the explained phase for some reason

Amirhossein
      Participant

Hello
      As I have learned this far, all of progresses that you talk about in human evolution or spirituality and ego starts with still level and goes forward. However there is conflict in my mind about our decent from below upward that starts with speaking level and ends with still level. How this things matches?
      If I have misunderstood anything please let me know and thank you already for your answer

Hi Amirhossein,

I’m not sure where the confusion is. Our ascent follows the same order: from the still, to the vegetative, to the animate, to the speaking level. If it helps, look at it more as to levels of desires. We always start with the smallest desires (the still level) and work our way up to the bigger desires (the speaking level).

Albert @ KabU

Amirhossein
        Participant

*correction: decent=ascent

Amirhossein
          Participant

If we ascent this way then everything is ok. I’m confused about how to match my pieces of informations.
          Once as I’ve noted from videos that the system of worlds and behinut are paired with this levels this way that malchut refers to speaking and keter to still. It seemed to me that we have to go this levels backwards in from below upward ascent.

Hi Amirhossein,

Keep in mind that these things are relative to the particular aspect of the desire that is being emphasized. So you might see a different order depending on what is being emphasized.

In general though, we ascend from the still, to the vegetative, to the animate, and lastly to the speaking levels of desire. This follows the spiritual rule that our work goes “from light to heavy”. From the smallest desires to the biggest desires.

Albert @ KabU

Hello, in which level does the elements (of the periodic table) and the particles belong? As we know very little about them…

Thanks!

Hello, can I person go up and down the ladder? Meaning, if one reaches the first concealment, can he “drop” in the double concealment again? Or from correction phase to double concealment?

If yes, to preserve the attainment and go further is possible only by BTG??

Thank you in advance!

Hi Zorica,

Yes, it’s possible for these states to alternate. Ultimately though we should keep in mind the rule that “one is raised in holiness and never lowered.” So we never go backwards. It’s possible that we receive an additional challenge that belongs to a higher degree and that challenge can feel like we’re going backwards, but it’s still a step forward. Similar to how a bodybuilder that masters a five pound weight moves on to ten pounds. That ten pounds is much more challenging and he cannot do as many reps as before, but this is nonetheless considered progress and advancement.

Albert @ KabU

P.S. I’m not sure what BTG stands for, please clarify if you want me to expand on that.

Luke
      Participant

Shalom, I hope your very well!

Well so what are the 613 mitzvot or desires that need to be corrected? I mean a ben Noach (from what I’ve learnt) is allowed to observe almost any mitzvot apart from a few special ones like studying parts of the Torah that don’t relate/apply to the ben Noach, wearing phylacteries etc are forbidden and so on (rightly so). So, are these 613 desires related to the mitzvot in the Torah or they are different mitzvot/desires altogether? Like as in when i keep the mitzvah of being honest with my Neighbour, or the prohibition against gossiping tale bearing etc is that a correction of one of my desires? And also, this is for the sake of the creator, not to receive reward.

Does that question make sense?

Thanks Albert 🙂 BTG is Books, Teacher, Group (as Tony wrote :))

Hi Zorica,

The Kabbalistic books, teacher, and group make up our spiritual environment. It is the foundation of all of our work. Without this foundation, we are incapable of attaining anything in spirituality. It’s like a seed relative to fertile soil. Nothing will happen with the seed by itself. Only by placing that seed in a specific soil will the seed sprout and turn into something else. Furthermore, if we place it into fertile ground, let it sprout, and then take it out, it will die.

Same with us. Without placing ourselves in a good spiritual environment we wont be able to attain anything. And if we remove ourselves from that good environment, we will lose what we previously attained.

We can see this in the example of Rabbi Yossi Ben Kisma that Baal HaSulam talks about in the article the Freedom. Here’s an excerpt:

The Necessity to Choose a Good Environment
          Now you can understand the words of Rabbi Yosi Ben Kisma (Avot, Chapter 6), who replied to a person who offered him to live in his town, and he would give him millions of gold coins for it: “Even if you give me all the gold and silver and jewels in the world, I will live only in a place of Torah.” These words seem inconceivable to our simple mind, for how could he relinquish millions of gold coins for such a small thing as living in a place where there are no disciples of Torah, while he himself was a great sage who needed to learn from no one? Indeed, a mystery.

But as we have seen, it is a simple thing and should be observed by each and every one of us. Although everyone has his own source, the forces are revealed openly only through the environment one is in. This is similar to the wheat sown in the ground, whose forces become apparent only through its environment, which is the soil, rain, and sunlight.

Thus, Rabbi Yosi Ben Kisma correctly assumed that if he were to leave the good environment he had chosen and fall into a harmful environment in a city where there is no Torah, not only would his former concepts be compromised, but all the other forces hidden in his source, which he had not yet revealed in action, would remain concealed. This is because they would not be subject to the right environment that would be able to activate them.

And as we have clarified above, only in the matter of the choice of environment is man’s reign over himself measured, and for this he should receive reward or punishment.

(Keep in mind that Torah here is not referring to the book but rather to the Kabbalistic method by which we draw the reforming light. And the environment is not necessarily something physical, but can also be built virtually.)

Albert @ KabU

Hi Luke,

The 613 desires that we are learning about are spiritual desires, meaning desires that we don’t yet have. This is similar to how a single cell in a body only has some basic desires. But when that cell is part of a greater body, it reveals there higher desires which are impossible for the individual cell to have: desires for money, honor, power, etc. Same with us, until we integrate with the general body of Adam HaRishon, we don’t reveal or understand these 613 spiritual desires.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2008/12/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-613-desires/

As for the 613 Mitzvot, each Mitzvah (commandment) is an INTERNAL process by which we correct the corresponding desire. In other words, Kabbalists don’t look at the 613 Mitzvot as physical actions to be performed by our hands and feet, but rather as allegories to the internal process of correcting our desires.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2016/02/mitzvot-commandments-the-correction-of-desires/

Albert @ KabU

Luke
          Participant

Thank you very much for your help. I cant express enough gratitude!

Viewing 6 posts - 37 through 42 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.