Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Gabor
      Participant

My question has to do with prayer. In kabbalah we know that everything that comes from the creator is good, because the light always want to fulfill us. We doesn’t feel this way due to our limited perception.
      But our struggle to feel the ligth may be caused by other human beings who are “as Iam” totally egoistic and unconscious and do harm to others. They ruin the Creator’s made perfect world. Is that possible? I think its not, but I don’t see why.

The world set before our eyes is certainly not perfect, it’s broken. Because my perception is broken. Part of that broken perception is how I see others. I see them as bad and broken, but it’s all in my perception. If I correct my perception I’ll see a perfect world.

Zealot Mines
          Participant

So does this mean even if I change my perception.. part of the world is still broken will be still broken. Only that I will stop perceiving it?

You’ll change your perception more and more until the whole world will be corrected, rise to the world of Eyn Sof.

John Allen
      Participant

As we advance on our path and become more aware of the influence of the Creator, how common is it to begin  to notice small ‘corrections’ in our normal lives? Before, I attributed this to my subconscious alerting me to things that need attention. Now I attribute those ‘moments of notice’ to the Creator.

If there is none else but the Creator, should I attribute these small mundane alerts of attention to Him? Are these things that bubble-up from from the subconscious sent by the Creator? How can one be sure it is from Him and not from the ego? Often these events seem purely egoistic, but are still pointed toward a path of improvement for my self. I do not wish to delude myself into thinking these are from the Creator when they might be purely my imagination, yet I do not wish to dismiss the Creator as there is none else but Him.

How can we truly be sure the source of these events?

Everything is from the Creator. The only problem is to not be selective in this attribution but to include absolutely everything. Every thought, every desire, animal, planet, person. It’s all one mechanism working towards a good, beautiful goal.

Lora Vatalaro
      Participant

I’m so happy that I “stumbled upon” Kab U and actually feel the presence of and the impact of the reforming light growing on a daily basis.  I can feel it when I’m doing coursework and reading materials, etc.  I can often feel it when I’m going about my daily business.  But (of course) there are still hours that go by when I’m doing the stuff of life and my attention is only on those things.  I never feel like I’ve lost connection with what I’m learning, just that I lose conscious connection.  Rav Laitman talks about being aware of the upper world and the corporeal world at the same time, all the time.  As a beginning student, I’m happy to be somewhat aware ANY of the time.  Is there a way to “forget” less often, or to “remember” more often?

Sarah
        Participant

How can we know we are actually connected to the Light? Some say they feel it or the fillment and joy. But how can we know it’s not our own imagination

We don’t feel the Light. Or, we can say that we feel nothing but the Light, and it’s everything and everything in our experience, so much so that it’s like an ocean we were born in and thus don’t know we’re wet. We can’t make any discernments of wetness since there’s nothing besides wetness, and similarly, it is illusory to think that some things we feel are the Light and some aren’t. Because it’s all Light and all goodness, because every moment it is leading us ever closer to the goal of Creation. However, we’re not moving towards that goal on our own at a rate faster than the Light is already leading us, which is why we don’t yet feel its influence. It leads us exactly where it wants, and each moment we do as it guides us. To feel it, we need to start going where it’s leading us before it does so. That is, more quickly and consciously toward the goal of Creation.

Sarah
          Participant

Thank you, it makes sense 😊

But if we don’t feel it how can we know if we are going to the right direction. Let’s say, even if we are in a group, still there will be a lot of confusion during our interactions. We don’t know what’s good for a person, we got mad with others, etc. We will need something to point us to the right direction

In the graduate program, you’ll learn how to navigate. The Kabbalists actually didn’t leave much room for confusion if one hears their explanations. And you’ll have a live instructor to guide the process.

Hi Lora,

There’s no way for a person to remember more often than the Upper Force reminds them – unless I’m in a group. Then, to the extent we awaken each other, we have an internal awakening-system that prods us to think about spirituality.

Lora Vatalaro
          Participant

Oh my gosh.  That’s a whole different way of looking at it.  I’m not “failing” to remember!  Thank you.

AspiringAltruist
      Participant

Looking at the physics aspect of bestowal and reception, altruism and egoism. In the context of prayers, does God really not receive anything from us?  I guess it’s just hard for me to understand that because I’ve always imagined a personal relationship with God.  And in a personal relationship there is a back-and-forth.  For example, think of the relationship between a parent and a child at some point there is growth and maturity in that child where they can have a real conversation with a parent.  is the concept here that we are like little babies right now, or even just embryos, and clearly babies and embryos can’t have a conversation with their parents. is the point here that we need to spiritually mature in order to have that relationship with the creator? And then, when we do, is there ever a back and forth?  Or is it always a one way street?

It’s hard for us to imagine this, if we’re remaining realistic, but Kabbalists say that it will need to be as though you are with your dear friend, speaking, back and forth between you. Like babies (though we’re still far from that as well), let’s say, like babies, we don’t speak our parent’s language yet, and even if it’s like a mother who knows that this cry means he wants sleep and that cry means he wants food, we’re not talking about the Creator understanding me, we’re talking about mutual understanding.

Todd
      Participant

Where does a restriction fit into all this and what exactly is a restriction?

The restriction is that I’m unwilling to use the Will to Receive in any way unless I have confirmation that it will be for the sake of the Upper Force.

Todd
      Participant

Can I just use the pain from my past to cross the barrier And move up each of the 125 steps. Or does a new pain have to happen each time?

Varda kahalany
        Participant

Dear Giovanni, your reply  to Todd raises a question that I actually intended to ask previously – the Creator is 100% bestowal and his only desire is to bestow upon his creation.  So, when you say that I have to restrain to ‘use the Will to Receive in any way unless I have confirmation that it will be for the sake of the Upper Force ‘  , by my understanding it means that in such case the Upper Force is ‘fulfilling his DESIRE TO BESTOW’ – but then, this fulfillment is some selfish act , meaning (in ‘ this word’s language’)  the Creator is happy that I received his bestowal and ‘corrected my desire to receive’.  Also, if in the beginning, before the creation, the Creator had a desire to bestow so its creation is by nature driven by the desire to receive – is then this desire to ‘receive’  a newly created desire activated  as part of the ‘creation’? ( since it did not exist before the creation….) .  And, by ‘ confirmation that I used the will to receive for the sake of Upper Force’ do you mean that this confirmation means that I used the will to receive for bestow on my friends and not for selfish purposes ?

Thank you 🙂

Hi Varda,

(1) We don’t speak about prior to Creation like realistic scientists don’t speak about before the Big Bang. If there was something before Creation, Kabbalists call that Atzmuto (His Essence), and we don’t attain it so we can’t speak about it.

(2) The only confirmation we can have for now that we are bestowing is that we are helping advance toward the spiritual goal – because that’s aligned with the Creator’s goal.

Varda kahalany
          Participant

In my reply above I meant Dear Gianni , not Giovanni 🙂

The path isn’t based on pain. There’s no need to feel any more pain. There’s a need to feel longing. Towards the spiritual goal only. You can’t bring yourself to longing. For that, you have to be connected to others. They want the spiritual goal. If you integrate with their desires, you bring yourself to longing for the spiritual goal. If I feel any suffering other than this, it’s because I don’t yet want to engage in spiritual longing in the way that spiritual longing is possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.