Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Allen
      Participant

Good Day!

(1) The Screen is an intention, an additional sense (the 6th), a thought, a way to feel the spiritual worlds (a tool of sorts), and the only way proper reception can take place. It also seems that it is its own force (as in, once in place it can have its own momentum and affect other desires and perceptions). I am certain it is far more than I can envision at this time. Am I on the right track thinking of the screen in those ways? Do I need to narrow my focus on this for now? Have I already misunderstood or am missing something vital?

(2) I also got the impression that I can choose to build the screen. However, there are obstacles, such as the fact that egoism is my main program that interprets the 5-sense data to promote selfishness as well as blocks a clear perception of the spiritual worlds, and that my very nature is opposite of the Creator. How can I make an authentic choice to build the screen with these obstacles? Is that then the purpose of study with authentic teachers, books, and groups to inform, promote, and aid in making that choice to build?

I know I’m missing something. Any clarification is appreciated!  Thank you!

-Allen

Allen,
        There is nothing you can “do” to build the screen.
        For example, a newborn will get fed, but what will it do besides cry?
        It is the Upper One who does all the doing.  The lower one only needs to want.
        So for us it is about what we want.  The Light performs all spiritual operations according to the desire of the kli.
        Your approach is backwards, you are looking for some formula and some understanding of something that is out of grasp.  How to explain to a 10 year old what it means to fall in love…some things you can explain, other things, there is no way to explain until he grows and has those desires in him.

But your passion to want to know, that is the main thing here.  So continue to try to understand and think about it, but also understand that the answer is not that you will hear something and then you will understand.  The answer will come over time as you advance in the study and your desire grows on the one hand and your development in the fundamentals of the wisdom grows and with this heart and mind development, things will clarify for you internally.
        Good luck,
        Seth@KabU

Allen
          Participant

Seth,

Thank you. Very helpful.

Malka
      Participant

Ok “we” receive in order to give, but what “we” really want is to give. In this, we never will enjoy receiving as is the purpose of the creator unless “we” become totally egoist”.  In this scenario, I personally, will give all what I do not need (if there is that limit) and when I say “have&give” I include all, love, knowledge, faith, compassion, help, counselling you named. Especially if the other soul, know that isn’t coming from me but from the creator. Of course, this is rational and materialistic thinking. On the other side of the same line of thinking, I should be glad to suffer what some else should be suffering, but how the other soul will know, he/she is not suffering because some else is suffering for Him/Her? (Me in this case).  NOTE: I say “WE” because the scenario is after the CLI is crack and divided.

Malka,
        We cannot feel glad to suffer.  There is no commandment to suffer.  The Creator wants us to receive His love and fulfillment.
        Seth@KabU

Boke
      Participant

how do the kabbalist see the difference between intention and will.

Boke,
        The will is the desire.  This we don’t have control over.
        We get hungry, we get tired, etc..
        The intention is the human part that dresses on the will.
        We are born, as it says, as a “beast”.  It means like an animal.  I get hungry, I look to fulfill that hunger.
        When the degree of adam, “man” is born in us, then I eat, but I am eating not because of the unconscious desire that arises in me, which by the way I must fulfill … by nature, I must eat to live, every animal body must, but I now have a relationship with the One who emanated, created and formed reality into existence and I want to be connected with what the kabbalists call the Creator.
        That He wants to fill all of the creatures with delight.  So I am eating (will), in order to bring Him contentment (intention).
        Seth@KabU

If the vessel was created only to receive, how is something able to go against its purpose, against the Creator’s Will for it to receive? This is like the clay vessel saying to its creator “why did you make me thus?” If the vessel has the power to think for itself and want to be like the Creator, isn’t that making ourselves to be A Higher Level than what we were created to be?

So what is embedded within the vessel during its’ creation that is built only to receive, that causes it to realize “it is better to give than to receive”? Is that also given by the Creator and part of the vessel? If so then the vessel is NOT only a will to receive but it also contains some sort of hidden “gene” or “potential” to realize and be activated?

Is this hidden potential, the cause of our noticing the difference in the pleasure to only receive versus the pleasure to give that it is experiencing in Binah?

Alejandro,
        There are many processes and operations that happens as the Light cascades from Ein Sof until the mixing of Malchut with Bina, the shattering of the vessel, etc.
        We will learn about this later.
        In short, the vessel also receives, not only abundance from the Light, but it also receives from the Light the quality to be like the Light.
        At the end of the story, the vessel has to receive as the entire purpose of creation is to fill that vessel with endless delight, however, the switch that will happen is that it will receive, but it receives, not for itself, but receives to give contentment to the Creator.
        Everyone wins 🙂
        Seth@KabU

In this clip from the daily kabbalah lesson (23 Dec, 2009) “The Creator’s Revelation & Concealment – 5 Minutes Of Light”, Dr. Michael Laitman states that:

“Forms that can not cloth inside my matter manifest as trouble in my life”.

How can we understand this assertion?

Being matter the desire and forms the intention, it is, in which direction will we use the desire. Does it mean that we suffer when we are unable to drive the desire into the will to bestow?

Thank you!

In the related material, in the video “How to Attain the Deepest Form of Independence”, there is a clip from the daily kabbalah lesson (23 Dec, 2009) “The Creator’s Revelation & Concealment – 5 Minutes Of Light”.

Dr. Michael Laitman explains how the Creator’s revelation brings you goodness, & the Creator’s concealment brings you troubles.

I would like to dive deeper into this topic.

Could you please share with us some links to some articles, passages from a book, some videos… to go full into this idea?

Thank you very much

Marta,

Wonderful.
        Yes.  This understanding will stabilize inside of you as a result of your efforts in quantity and quality.

An answer to a question such as this doesn’t just slip in your ear and that’s it, you own it.
        We can certainly explain the concept and we will.  But to understand it and feel it, this comes as a result of your inner transformation.
        Here is an example, not spiritual, but will paint a picture.  Imagine that all of the water, sunlight, energy, minerals, raw materials,…imagine if everything we need to build a perfect world is being poured on us from above, and we are drowning in it.
        But if we can make some umbrella above us so that we are not being hit over the head with all of these raw materials and from under the umbrella we start thinking and preparing and arranging and deciding how to arrange all of these things.  Once we understand and implement it, then we can receive all of the sunlight and not get burnt, we can receive all of the water and not drown, all of the minerals, the energy, everything is available and abundant, only it is up to us how we will use it or we will drown in it.

Here are some sources to begin to depict what this means:
        https://laitman.com/2011/05/two-sides-of-the-thought-of-creation/#gsc.tab=0

https://kabbalahmedia.info/en/sources/6K5za3Hd

Read these a few times and let’s go from there.
        Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.