Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Paul
      Participant

An egoistic perception of reality puts me at the center of anything that is happening … “what does this mean for me, is it threatening or beneficial?” A perception based on bestowal sees things from the Creator’s point of view … “this thing that I am orchestrating is for the benefit of My creation, all of it simultaneously, to bring every part to its intended purpose and goal.” If I can therefore step outside my own narrow and self-serving perspective I can open my self to glimpse a larger purpose for all the things that are happening around me. I can’t know or understand very much at the beginning but over time I will be given help from the Creator and other spiritual seekers, my teacher and the authentic texts to see more and more of this “hidden reality” … and in the process to transform from being so self-centered to care deeply about others and how I can help meet their needs. And as I do so I will bring pleasure to my Creator.

Samuel
      Participant

It mean to develop a 6th sense in order to rise above our ego to help us perceive as the Creator does

Allen
      Participant

It would the mean living a more balanced life with a clearer perception of reality with the desire for the Creator and others growing toward a unified harmony.

Gamelah
      Participant

I’m not sure, this is what I want to learn.

maria santos
      Participant

To me it means, seeing beyond our current reality which is not real or only partially accurate and shifting our thoughts from how can I get something out of this or how do I minimize the pain in a situation, and feeling that everything we experience is from the Creator and can only be good because it only bestows good. Of course truly shifting requires the Creator, but we must change our intention.

Sandor
      Participant

It means stopping processing reality with the egoistic self instead of using the intention to give friends what they need as they were me to perceive reality.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.