Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 79 through 84 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Garry
      Participant

From an egoistic perception, I seem as if I am in a corporeal “reality”, made of and governed by laws of space, time, energy, matter & motion. It causes separation; causing me to feel like a totally separate individual, unique, without any real connection to anyone or anything.

When the egoistic reasoning mind is in control it is always tuned into “radio station” WIFM-(“What’s In It For Me?”)- I’m always calculating how to receive more pleasure for myself, and I’m not worried about exploiting others, as I don’t feel any connection to them.

As my perception of reality shifts from egoism to one rooted in bestowal, I begin to feel my connection with others. I begin feeling that I am an integral part of the general soul of Adam. That whatever I do, affects everyone (and everything) in the Universe. While still desiring to receive more and more pleasure (as that is my nature), I begin to change my intention from receiving (pleasure) for myself alone, to one of receiving (pleasure) for the sake of sharing; for the sake of the creator.

This intention enables me to gradually reach an “equivalence of form” with the Creator–the very source of the force of Love and bestowal.  The principle of “Love your Friend as Yourself” becomes something real, something that enables me (through connection), to feel & reveal more and more Spiritual Light (Pleasure) and share it with everyone.

zoran malinov
      Participant

It means,connecting with others.

Dennis Ibrahim
      Participant

It is means to that I am part of the whole and not an individual, and to start feeling and caring for the concerns of others. That is the others become included in me (my feelings)

If I expect that everything that surrounds me give me satisfaction, I won’t find contentment and I will suffer because of the belief that is the base of my perspective: that I am defective and lacking. Giving springs from the opposite belief regarding who I am and what do I have. Relationships are a good field for sharing and giving, but a bad business for getting what I expect.

Shadi
      Participant

Our inner intentions of love and giving to others change and in this way we gain a similarity of form with the Creator

Boke
      Participant

It means changing my egoistic intentions for altruistic intenstions. To put my friends needs before my own needs. It means eighter just to bestow or to receive (desires) in order to bestow.

Viewing 6 posts - 79 through 84 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.