Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 127 through 132 (of 329 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Olivia Maldonado
      Participant

I think it means that we must reflect on how we can provide for others before looking after our desires to receive for the self alone.

Cristina
      Participant

bestow

Łukasz
      Participant

I want to find out. I’m assuming that our shared understanding of altruism is merely an analogy and a low-level representation.

Michael
      Participant

To feel the desire of my friend, as if it were my own desire, and work to fulfil that desire for the sake or benefit of my friend.

Ann Stephens
      Participant

I don’t know, but I intend to find out. It seems to me that I must first come to feel what bestowal really means. In this world, it is difficult to perceive the creator as the good that does good, which is what bestowal is all about. Perhaps my first shift in perception is to see that the things that have happened and are currently happening, especially those I label as “bad” are actually a necessary part of correction. This all helps me to see how NOT like the creator I really am. My reactions to people and events around me are wholly egoistic, as hard as this may be to admit. I don’t have any idea what bestowal really is, but I know what it isn’t.

Andreanne
      Participant

it means to think of the happiness of others; to be focused on others. To consider consequences of words and actions and on how others feel.

Viewing 6 posts - 127 through 132 (of 329 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.