Where exactly is your free will? Can you identify where it is real and where it is an illusion?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 2. Perception of Reality Where exactly is your free will? Can you identify where it is real and where it is an illusion?

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Shmuley
      Participant

If we interpret free will as us being apart of nature or our HIgher Power, that may seem to us as neing free. On the other hand we are subjected to our DNA, culture, nurture, and other aspects that shape our lives, our desires, and lives.

On the other hand, free will has more to do with our will to receive and to give. When we learn that we receive in order that we may give to others then we will learn that our reason to live is to receive to bestow, to be blessed to become a blessing to others. Then we will be free to give. That is our true freedom.

Deb
      Participant

It was a surprise to me that everything I thought were freedom of choice decisions, were actually more predetermined. We have inherited DNA with certain qualities and predispositions, our childhood indoctrination and education. We perceive and act through our very programmed ego. I guess our free will comes as a choice to pursue a spiritual course in life versus just being stuck reacting to the stuff of this world.  We can start to recognize that there is more to life than just fulfilling desires and begin to ask the bigger questions about life.

Mihaela
      Participant

I have always felt that an inner force pushes me towards knowledge and connection with the world in which we live. I think that free will is whether you choose to follow this force or not.

Yvon Decelles
      Participant

I am free to choose how I see something. That will affect my perception. Which will affect my consciousness.

Denis A
      Participant

Choosing your teacher.

I choosed to be here so im using my free will now. But its true we have not much free will in general.

Bonnie A. Bus
      Participant

My free will has been already shaped, but according the Kaballah I need to find out. Otherwise I’ll suffer. It feels like you can’t overcome. I hope to find out how to deal with my ego or to struggle with it.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.