Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 replies - 43 through 48 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • in reply to: Ask Anything #452830
    Logynn
    Participant

    This question started as a topic in the women’s young groups and it has a lot of subtle implications, so it turned into a lot more questions. Initially it came up that in a Russian language lesson there was an instruction that women need to have children. I can’t quote the instruction to clarify, because I haven’t seen the Russian lesson. But the friend has a question that’s important to her about the specific responsibility (especially of women) to have children in corporeal life.

    Another friend had a thought that the Creator might have a specific task or role in life, so there is no set instruction or advice for corporeal life because of this. In my case I am autistic and I wouldn’t be even remotely fit to parent until I was older than the biological age to do so. This seems to align with this friend’s thought. Also, some men cannot marry for different reasons.

    I recall when I studied here around 2008 that the advice was very different than it is now regarding everything for men and women in corporeal life. Now that I am back here it seems like BB observes the changes in the collective and quite intentionally adjusts to it. Just like there was a rule to hide Kabbalah, and then later the rule changed, and it was only because it was time for it to change. Do you think advice about marriage and children will also evolve over time?

    I am also curious regarding other ways of supporting children. The dissemination materials I am interested in making would be for children. I recall you mentioned you teach children in your work.

    So, the question is, what is the responsibility of the individual man or woman to have their own children?
    And also, what is the responsibility of the individual man or woman towards children collectively, including the ones they are not related to?

    in reply to: Ask Anything #451040
    Logynn
    Participant

    Is anything that can’t be found by searching the library probably an “innovation in the Torah”?

    in reply to: Ask Anything #450811
    Logynn
    Participant

    In the stories of Abraham it is sometimes explained that he and his wife are too old to have children because they have already corrected all their desires and they have nothing more to do unless the Creator gives them more.

    And in some other videos I have seen Rav describe food and eating and processing of foods as working with desires, similar to making bricks out of straw and dust. Everything is working with the desires.

    And these two things made me think about the process of aging. The body makes fewer and fewer enzymes, antioxidants and substances for metabolizing foods. It secretes less hormones. It slows or shuts down some processes. I am wondering if this corporeal scenario is our interpretation of the process of rejecting desires we cannot work with, or giving up on them because we’ve experienced that we cannot achieve them through egoistic means?

    If this were the case, would aging processes actually be a good sign that a lot of desire has been sorted, worked with, and rejected, and that the ones that are left are for things not in this world?

    in reply to: Get your questions answered by a KabU instructor. #446519
    Logynn
    Participant

    Ok, that really makes a lot of sense.
    I had been learning about how we don’t actually need anything but correction, and seeing it to be true a lot in my life. But I decided I would still pray for water because my trees in my yard were thirsty and how could water be anything but good? And the next day my area had a “1,000 year flood” that swept away a lot of houses.
    This idea that no egoistic desire of any kind can be good is an important concept I somehow missed because I haven’t seen it explicitly stated.
    Thanks for that answer.

    in reply to: Get your questions answered by a KabU instructor. #446334
    Logynn
    Participant

    I am still thinking about what you said here and I have another question nagging at me. In my reality I can see desires or hints of desires out there that seem like they should never be fulfilled. Never. I know many times you have talked about the coarse desires not used at the bottom of the body, (I think corresponding to legs?) And at the end of correction the Creator deals with those for us. Does He just dispel and get rid of them? It seems like some of them should only be depictions of evil that we might achieve more contrast in our capacity to perceive the light, but never to actually exist or be fulfilled. It is hard to imagine that even the Creator could find a way to make certain desires corrected to be in bestowal.

    in reply to: Get your questions answered by a KabU instructor. #444942
    Logynn
    Participant

    Thanks. It sounds like whatever I am dreading losing I will be glad to have lost.

Viewing 6 replies - 43 through 48 (of 156 total)