Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 883 through 888 (of 1,172 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      mrc s
      Participant

Exiting egoism because want to escape the pain is egoistic also right.?

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Mrc,</p>
        Yes, but everyone must go through these states. It is on the way. We should aspire to exit our ego because it separates us from the Creator and we want to be in adhesion with Him.

Joseph – KabU

mrc s
          Participant

Exiting egoism is already altruistic doesn’t it, we can’t do that do we..?

mrc s
      Participant

Can I love others while still loving myself more..?

Mrc,

This is not love. Love means that I only think of the benefit of the other.

Joseph – KabU

mrc s
          Participant

Is “love your neighbor as yourself” means that we should love our neighbor more than ourselves..?

mrc s
          Participant

Can the love be equal between ourselves and others.?

mrc s
      Participant

What do the Kabbalists say to a person who thinks that God is evil when the person feel pain and good when he feels pleasure..? And reason that if God is good then He should give the person all pleasure all the time at least not suffering but still believe that in the end God is good because we all go to heaven but not at the time he feels pain

Pleasure and pain is how we are steered through life. We always only want the good, the pleasure, this is our nature. Kabbalists would say, “good, now you know what you’re made of.” As well as, “Good, at least you have some attitude towards the Creator.”

Certainly He only does good, so what “bad” is pain and evil in the world, right? Kabbalists define good and bad a bit differently. “Good” meaning, towards the Creator and “bad” as distance. The only “bad” that exists is a force (also the Creator) which pushes a person away from Him, while a person might feel negative sensations, if they are cleaved onto Him, knowing and feeling that it comes from Him and knowing and feeling what the goal of the torment is for, then the pain is actually received in joy since he feels he’s actually coming closer to the Creator by this.

It’s living in two different worlds at once, but it’s how we can feel the existence of the Creator at all. This gap between our desire to receive pleasure and our desire to be like the Creator. We will always be opposite to him in our nature, however if we learn to use our nature for a different purpose then we can clothe His likeness on us and we can sense His thought and purpose. For us creatures, this brings the ultimate fulfillment and how we feel whether it’s good or bad has much less importance since we’re striving only for adhering to Him.

It’s not easy, but this is the path. Experience brings a person to feel the truth in this and that is what will help them continue forward until they can sense it within themselves completely and at that point their “I” stops serving themselves which actually brings the most relief as this “I”, receiving for myself was the sole cause of all my suffering to begin with.

Best of luck,

Chris

Peter
      Participant

The Kabbalah Revealed series was very compelling and I took an online class several years ago.   I found the younger teachers like Albert and Peter warm-hearted and generous,  but I also found the older non-Jewish teacher and Rav Laitman,   very much absorbed in their knowledge, position and identity and found little love, peace or  goodwill coming from them.   I mean no disrespect,  but it was this that caused me to discontinue study.   Ultimately,  I would assume attainment would make someone more openly loving and willing to lift others up like the younger teachers,  so why do the older, more experienced leaders seem to lack this quality?

I understand where you’re coming from, many people have that impression. We’re in a different era and while our teacher comes to us as the last link in the chain of Kabbalists, it’s on us, his students to disseminate the wisdom. The dissemination is less of our teacher and more through the students for many reasons and this is one of them. It’s hard to see through our egoistic eyes, prejudices, and preconceived notions about what a Kabbalist teacher should look and act like. It’s also hard to hear the translation. As much as we’ve translated the live lessons, it’s still more “pleasant” to not have to go through it and it can even be distracting. It’s one of the main reasons we don’t send beginner students directly to the daily morning lessons. A student should first settle within themselves a foundation for the material, be able to orient themselves and know what it is they’re looking for and what their work should be – only at that point can you begin to value the gift we have.

His role is to guide us and help us grasp what Kabbalists have written for us while we work to realize it practically between us. After some experience, you’re able to see through the personality and the characteristics of a person and hold onto that point that longs to be with the Creator. The external appearance or qualities of a person has zero importance. The only value is in the inner intention – “for what”. If this is aimed at bringing the entire world into good connections between us and revealing the benevolent for of nature, fulfilling the purpose of our lives – this is what we cherish and strive to mimic.

Imagine eventually, we’ll have to bring the entire world into ourselves, have it enter our hearts and care for it more than we care for ourselves. Think of all the different kinds of people there are and how repulsive and opposite they are to you. They too are parts of you which you’ll need to embrace. It’s why we start, as Kabbalists say, “from the lightest to the heaviest” – those we we can connect to first are those who have that same aspiration, it’s what helps us rise above all the disturbances and differences between us and find that common goal that unites us.

The only goal of our teacher is to bring the entire world to the complete correction. If this becomes our only goal as well, this is what we will value and everything else is as an obstacle from the Creator to remind us that importance of that goal above everything else is the “fuel” we need to continue going. When you can take this fuel and use it, you rise up to a higher level and can see that the teacher He gave us was exactly what we needed.

There’s another aspect here that’s more complicated to explain in words, but if you are a parent or if you’ve ever been a teacher and eyes are always on you, absorbing everything, you have to make sure you’re not leading them astray or making their path longer or more difficult even by one gram or one inch. He has to be very careful not to give us any incorrect impression for what spirituality is and how to attain it. If he were to be a big cuddly teddy bear, we too would want to be the same and in doing that we would think we’re making some progress towards “love your neighbor” – however this is one of the biggest hurdles as we need to basically un-learn what we think is good for others and re-learn that “good” can only come from the Creator and not from within any forces we might have naturally. If we want to do good to others, we have to ask for good from the Creator for them. On the outside, it could even seem the opposite. We’re not really allowed to understand this in our brains just yet, but the “feeling” of this truth can only be sensed when you yourself experience that fact.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Chris

chekolog
      Participant

Can a person who understands nothing about technical lessons( like sephirot, worlds, tzimtum) enter the spiritual world through the love of friends?

Oh, Abdurrahman, it’s the only way. “Understanding” won’t get you anywhere in the work of the heart – only through love of friends. Simply understand that this is the only way. Best of luck!

mrc s
      Participant

I’m a sinner because I feel bad, I’m lazy what should I do..?

See if you can muster the strength to even ask for strength to go above what you were given. If you’re not able to manage even that, then ask for the strength to ask etc.. You’re given this recognition about your nature and do you want to rise above it or not? If it’s the most important thing then you do it, as Rabash writes when the house is on fire, you’re already concerned about saving your life and not getting in a few more hours of sleep.

As far as blaming yourself for that, just reference my below response to your previous question.

Good luck,

Chris

mrc s
          Participant

So easy I skip it before how can that be, I hope it works I’m not lazy again, thx for the reply..

Viewing 6 posts - 883 through 888 (of 1,172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.