Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 97 through 102 (of 1,063 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      mrc s
      Participant

Is the mind the mediator of the spiritual and matter?

Hey mrc,

What’s important always is only the desire. The mind will help you aim the desire, find the right desire, dissect the current desire etc., it’s a tool but in and of itself is not spiritual. Also, this “observing point” we have where we are able to ask “what” am I feeling–the mind can take you there which is a key element in discerning our states.

Thanks!

mrc s
      Participant

Can Malkuth be better than Keter as a kingdom is included will and other things?

Hey mrc,

There’s not “better” or “worse”, but you could say that since the Creator created the worlds and all of creation in order to benefit the creatures, then this is the most important.

Chris

Michael
      Participant

is having to go through the levels of desire (animal, wealth, etc.) before you reach the point in the heart the same as having everything you want in life before you can study kabbalah?

Hey Michael,

You can say it’s similar….but a person doesn’t necessarily actually have to experience them directly in this incarnation. We don’t know what we’ve been through and experienced–above space and time. Also, it doesn’t mean you want to be a Gates or a Bezos and if you don’t reach those levels then you’re point in the heart won’t awaken. Everyone is different. But in general, you could say a person needs to “taste” a little bit of each level in order to know.

Thanks!

Brad
      Participant

Halacha has a Kabbalistic meaning behind them because the sages who wrote them were kabbalists. How about Noahide laws? Any place for those in kabbalah?

Hey Brad,

Anytime you come across a “law” in Kabbalah, it’s referring to spirituality only–how a person is able to “chain” themselves to spirituality in order not to be disconnected. Meaning, the thought of creation contains a program which its single purpose is to bring the created being into complete adhesion with its Maker through correction. The Kabbalists detail how this system works and what a person needs to do in order to not “waste time” making mistakes, deviating from that path of correction towards the end goal.

Chris

Michael
      Participant

how come kabbalists are always jewish.  if it’s like a science that they just discovered and anyone can… do they become jewish?

Hey Michael,

That’s not completely true if you look at Abraham or Adam who were Kabbalists before there was even such a word “Jew”, also Rabbi Akiva etc. “Becoming Jewish” you could say is what happens when the point in the heart awakens in the person–not having anything to do with religion or who your mother was.

Chris

Michael
      Participant

i have been noticing in my life that when i deprive myself, i am more appreciative of life and everything.  like a lot of stuff that you guys talk about, how you only have a need for the creator when things go bad.  is there no value in creating situations like that for yourself?

What you’re basically saying is, “Can I not invite suffering in order to advance further/faster?”

The answer is no. The Creator arranges the increase in Aviut, the revelation of more uncorrected will to receive. It’s not on us to ask for the evil. Our only work is to ask for correction. If you feel there’s “nothing to correct” at the current moment, then this is the concealment acting. If you engage in acquiring more greatness in the goal and with that do actions to integrate yourself more in the environment, you’ll surely reveal resistance to that and thus a need for the Creator.

Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 97 through 102 (of 1,063 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.