Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 109 through 114 (of 1,061 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      mrc s
      Participant

money is the second in levels of desire, why is it seemengly the most important?

Hi mrc,

It’s not relating to the need so much as the want when we’re talking about the levels of desire.

Chris

Al
      Participant

How do I properly use intention? I don’t think I understand the concept entirely.

For example: I’m asking this question because I feel a lack of understanding. That’s pure will to receive, I want to fulfill that desire by understanding. As this question relates to the wisdom of Kabbalah, my ultimate goal is to reach adhesion to the creator, so is that considered right intention? Even though the primary thing making me ask this question is egoistic desire, and the end goal is, right now, only a hind thought to me?

Further, if I take a moment to calm my thoughts, make a break in the stream of thoughts constantly running through my mind mechanically, and then, in a mindful manner, declare this whole moment of me writing this as an act aimed to correct my desire. is that what intention means?

In short: do I just choose the right environment and let my intention subconsciously align properly? Or should I try to monitor my thoughts in an active manner as often as possible and then judge them according to what I perceive as being completely egoistic vs. at least aiming towards altruism.

Thank you.

Hi Al,

The intention is what exists in a persons heart at any moment. We cannot change our intention other then by arranging for ourselves an environment that will influence us with thoughts about the importance of spirituality and bestowal.

If a person organizes for themselves such an environment, then this automatically begins to work on a person bringing them closer to an intention of bestowal. For now, it is enough that a person focuses ones efforts on choosing the right environment and strengthening this environment every day. From the influence of the environment it will become clear how one should work with each thought that arises.

Joseph

mrc s
      Participant

Does a kabbalist level of physical pleasures equal to spiritual ones?

Hey mrc,

Pleasures “in order to receive” are always the lowest pleasures–what matters is the intention.

Chris

Sandra
      Participant

What is the most appropriate article to read to help my ten move on when a friend leaves? Thank you 🙏

Zealot Mines
      Participant

What is special about the physical people of Israel.. the country?

Hi Zealot,

Reality is structured in a pyramid. This pattern continues through all degrees and into the human degree. At the top of the pyramid, you have the least in quantity and highest in quality–those aspiring for correction and following nature’s path of development to achieve the purpose of creation. At the bottom you have the majority of the human population with no interest in the above. Same with Israel. At one end, the physical land and the people there are significant, but the inner meaning–the qualitative is what’s important. It’s not to say land itself and the people there are not important, but it’s more of a reflection of the inner state of things. What the general public decides, how they behave, the government, the army, etc. — these things are remote from the spiritual–not important. The only time it becomes relevant is when the inner “Israel” begins making corrections and these corrections then spill out into the nation of Israel and from the nation to the rest of the world.

Thanks,

Chris

Brad
      Participant

Is gilgul a process one needs to do before he enters  the kingdom of heaven? Or is there no connection between the two?

Hey Brad,

“Entering the kingdom” implies one’s preparation in the vessel (Kli) for what the kingdom has to offer. “Gilgul” in Kabbalah can simply be “change”–as in a change in the will to receive to another state. This certainly would be necessary as a person would need to undergo many changes until they have that correct desire. Messiah you could say comes into play when referring to Gmar HaTikkun, so I’m not sure how you want to connect that here.

Thanks!

Brad
        Participant

And to add to that, how would messiah, or death of the righteous atoning come into play with the above question.

thx

Viewing 6 posts - 109 through 114 (of 1,061 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.