Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      mrc s
      Participant

Am I perfect or far from it as perfect is infinity?

Hi mrc,

Perfect would be completely whole with the Creator. We were created exactly opposite to that. Our natural state is imperfect and we gradually work to revealing how imperfect–revealing the corruptions–in order to ask for corrections.

Chris

Michael
      Participant

i watched a video where tony says that without a group trying to achieve the goal is completely moving target.  i still don’t understand why it’s something you can’t achieve alone.  i never really understood it.  isn’t like “giving” such an immensely broad goal that it’s not difficult to miss?

Hi Michael,

That’s natural to not understand. It’s the most opposite to what we want to do, and opposite to what our logic will tell us. It’s against our nature–and in that respect you could say that precisely because it’s against our nature points to something that is worth investigating. After all, the wisdom of Kabbalah is a method of correction.

Chris

Michael
      Participant

once you reach the first level of correction do you become immortal?

Hey Michael,

Do you mean, the body does not die?

Michael
          Participant

no i mean like do you perceive something that keeps you alive even though your body dies.

You don’t connect life to what you feel within existence alongside your body.

mrc s
      Participant

Is there a thing as false pleasure, that associated with falsehood?

mrc s
      Participant

Is there a triple concealment?

Hey mrc,

Not “officially” but if you want to consider those who have no idea about the path of correction and how nature is leading them in a precise way–they have no clue of where their independence lies, where true fulfilment lies etc., you could say this is a deeper concealment than the double concealment, but typically we just refer to concealment relating to one whose point in the heart has already awoken.

Chris

Brad
      Participant

in the blog article “religion and kabbalah are opposites” Rav writes , re: 

“Moreover, Baal HaSulam writes that a person can only begin studying Kabbalah after he becomes secular”

Where did the Baal HaSulam write this? I think i asked you before…

thanks

Hey Brad,

I can find the quote, but I’ll tell you the interpretation of this requires redefining the world “secular” and “religious”. In this case, he’s referring how a person uses their will to receive. One first must be disconnected from the Giver, and this disconnection BHS refers to, often, as “secular” in one way or another. Meaning, before one can start the work in correction, the recognition of evil, of disconnection from the Source must be apparent and felt. If one is “religious”–also in the meaning you’re familiar with–this person would not feel they are lacking connection with the Source and would have no reason to engage in corrections.

Hope that’s clear, thanks!

Brad
          Participant

Amazing,  that makes more sense, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that a lot of the Kabbalistic terms need to be redefined ,yes if you have the time to find  the quote.

thx

Viewing 6 posts - 7 through 12 (of 1,003 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.