Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 145 through 150 (of 1,100 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Michael
      Participant

are we supposed to fulfill all our worldly desires (animal, wealth, power, knowledge) first before we begin to look at the spiritual?  or what seems to me like the complete opposite idea—is it completely wrong to think that kabbalah helps in getting things that you need or want in life?

Hi Michael,

“What you want in life” depends on the development of a person’s point in the heart. One could live 50 years on this earth without a thought about the purpose in life until that point. Only when a person yearns for fulfillment of specifically that point, Kabbalah cannot be of aid. Going back and trying to find life in pleasures of this world which you’ve already determined do not fulfill you, delays development of the point in the heart. Typically, a person finds Kabbalah only after they’ve determined the desires of this world bring only empty pleasures.

Thanks!

mrc s
      Participant

are we in the prison of the ego or material world?

Hey mrc,

What we call the perception of the material world and concealment of the spiritual world is called the perception within the ego. Good question.

Thanks!

Mira
      Participant

Hello,

I was reading about what will happen when we die: http://www.kabbalah.info/eng/content/view/frame/27298?/eng/content/view/full_list/27298&main

I didn’t understand what does it mean that if we attained our soul, we will live in this soul, etc, and this soul will again dress a new body, born by a woman, to attain the 125 spiritual degrees.

Does this mean that the attained soul will still have to reincarnate again to this world?

Thank you

mrc s
      Participant

money is the second in levels of desire, why is it seemengly the most important?

Hi mrc,

It’s not relating to the need so much as the want when we’re talking about the levels of desire.

Chris

Al
      Participant

How do I properly use intention? I don’t think I understand the concept entirely.

For example: I’m asking this question because I feel a lack of understanding. That’s pure will to receive, I want to fulfill that desire by understanding. As this question relates to the wisdom of Kabbalah, my ultimate goal is to reach adhesion to the creator, so is that considered right intention? Even though the primary thing making me ask this question is egoistic desire, and the end goal is, right now, only a hind thought to me?

Further, if I take a moment to calm my thoughts, make a break in the stream of thoughts constantly running through my mind mechanically, and then, in a mindful manner, declare this whole moment of me writing this as an act aimed to correct my desire. is that what intention means?

In short: do I just choose the right environment and let my intention subconsciously align properly? Or should I try to monitor my thoughts in an active manner as often as possible and then judge them according to what I perceive as being completely egoistic vs. at least aiming towards altruism.

Thank you.

Hi Al,

The intention is what exists in a persons heart at any moment. We cannot change our intention other then by arranging for ourselves an environment that will influence us with thoughts about the importance of spirituality and bestowal.

If a person organizes for themselves such an environment, then this automatically begins to work on a person bringing them closer to an intention of bestowal. For now, it is enough that a person focuses ones efforts on choosing the right environment and strengthening this environment every day. From the influence of the environment it will become clear how one should work with each thought that arises.

Joseph

mrc s
      Participant

Does a kabbalist level of physical pleasures equal to spiritual ones?

Hey mrc,

Pleasures “in order to receive” are always the lowest pleasures–what matters is the intention.

Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 145 through 150 (of 1,100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.