Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 439 through 444 (of 515 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Ralitza
      Participant

About Lesson “A Sage Speaks” June 21st:

Hi Seth,

In the last lesson, you asked us to give you some feedback and suggestions on where we wish to go after finishing “Preface to the Book of Zohar”. I still have some difficulties speaking during the lessons, so I hope it’s OK to write it down.

I find  your sessions very helpful. I read the text before the lesson and understand nothing. I know the words, but they are empty for me. During the lesson, I feel like I a great kabbalist, I get it (sweet, sweet deception 🙂 ). After the lesson I read  the text again and I am able to grasp some little percentage and make my own notes. So it’s working. Slowly, gradually, but still.

So I have 2 suggestions aboout future lessons:

1. We read the same, very short excerpt from a kabbalistic text in the beginning and at the end of the lesson. Thus, we can scrutinize for ourselves how our state has changed in the 90 minutes of connection.

2. Your drawings in the beginning of the last lesson were great. Very clear and understandable. So why don’t you try us with “Preface to the Sulam Commentary”? I am curious about that one. No idea if it is suitable for us though.

Regardless of which article you and the rest of the group choose to start, I am grateful to be part of this environment and will try to keep waking up at 3 a.m. to connect to you all.

All the best and thank you!

Ralitza

Lyndon
      Participant

Dear Instructor,

My 10 and I looked at Shamati 48 “The Primary Basis”.  We read it though twice and contemplated its possible meanings.

I think we’re stunning here as there are multiple stands in one text and it seems we were unable to get anything from the text.

Can you help at all.   I’s there a commentary or explanation otherwise we don’t know how to interpret what is in this particular stanza.

Thanks. Lyndon S.

Hello Lyndon,

Baal HaSulam is talking about our work on the path before and after the Machsom. Questions are constantly awakening from the spiritual reshimot of the shattered soul. We have to guard ourselves with the help of the group so we don’t leave the path. We don’t want questions to go away, we need them in order to advance. After the machsom we have a different type of work. The Creator provides us the left and right line so we can build our soul in the middle line

It is all about deficiency, correction and fulfillment.

Hello Lyndon.  Maybe this helps. Our advancement is always from darkness to light. From questions to answers, then again from question to answers, and so on. What we need is the right question, the right deficiency. For this we need the Creator’s help. Even in spirituality, when we have all the answers, the Creator is able to give us the right deficiency.

Liza
      Participant

Hello Teachers,
      To be in bestowal and love, to become similar to the Creator, in part means that I should listen and accept and share all of my friends and my corporeal stories, what goes on outside our Kabbalah environment and so on ?
      Or should we be reading texts from the sources, bnei baruch sharings, scrutinize the readings, homework, listening to the Rav, uplifting each other to better states and seeing my friend with no flaws ?
      Or both?

Thank you!

Liza

Hi Liza,

The whole purpose of being in this environment is to acquire the ability to bestow. One must feel a need, a desire, to reveal the quality of bestowal. This is the only thing we lack, nothing else. We should come to our ten everyday asking how we can connect with one another in the right way for the desire, the need, to bestow to appear in the connection between us. This is the Kli for revealing it.

Liza
          Participant

Lesson on the topic of “Silence”
          Jan 12, 2012|

Hello David, I guess my question is, how do we connect in the right way?

Regarding part of your answer…
          <i><u>“Connecting with each other in the right way</u></i> for the desire, the need, to bestow to appear in the connection between us.”

I heard Rav’s Lesson on the topic of “Silence”

Thank you again David.

Liza
          Participant

Thank you David!

Hello Liza,

We must follow the advice of the Kabbalists, mainly Baal HaSulam, Rabash and Rav Laitman. Through the social writings Rabash provides us guidance of how to work properly in the group.

We must connect in a way that will give the friends the feeling that bestowal is great and important.

The thing we lack is the desire to bestow and the only way to get it is from outside oneself, from the environment, the Ten.

We build the environment around our common desire for the goal. Even if we don’t have a true desire yet we must act as if we have it. Our friends are impressed by what you display to them. So, what are we bringing to our ten every day? Are we inspiring them toward the goal?

Rabash “They Helped Every One His Friend” Article No. 4, 1984

“Rather, it is one person who can help another by seeing that one’s friend is low. It is written, “One does not deliver oneself from imprisonment.” Rather, it is one’s friend who can lift his spirit.

This means that one’s friend raises him from his state into a state of liveliness. Then, one begins to reacquire strength and confidence of life and wealth, and he begins as though his goal is now near him.

It turns out that each and every one must be attentive and think how he can help his friend raise his spirit, because in the matter of spirits, anyone can find a needy place in one’s friend that he can fill.”

Simon
      Participant

I wonder if it is necessary to understand and master TES for attain Gmar Tikun?

Liza
        Participant

David, Thankful for your answer!

Hello Simon. I think not, for two reasons. One, we don’t know the full meaning of TES until Gmar Tikkun.  And two, there were kabbalists before TES was written.

Troy Albright
      Participant

How do I handle this situation? I am in Young Group with Zohar but have missed numerous sessions because I’m scared that he is going to call me out to read. I know I should feel honored when he has picked me in the past but my anxiety goes up and then I cant concentrate on what I am reading or comprehend the rest of class.
      I am feeling like a loser.

Simon
        Participant

Thank you for your answer Jim, what a relief reading your words! Lol

Hi Troy. Truth be told, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t get at least a little uptight when addressing the Friends. After 15 years I still do. Luckily this is an environment where everyone tries to help everyone else.

Here’s a reply from Zohar: There is no coercion in spirituality, and no one wants you to feel pressured,  come to lesson, you don’t have to read, just feel comfortable, you are in a safe loving place

Beverly
      Participant

I am confused by this lesson. What I understood was there is nothing I can do about my ego other than pray and monitor my emotions to determine if the creator has answered the prays. If I continue to have conflict with my ego I have not progressed?

So, getting in alignment with the creator is a wait and see; a hope and a prayer perspective?

Is this correct?

If this is true then why are we all here?  I’m so confused

Hello Beverly. Our ego, or the will to receive for my own benefit, is not the problem. It’s not going anywhere. In fact, as we study, it grows (it becomes more revealed). What we want to do is acquire an additional desire that is more important to us, namely, a desire to bestow – to be like the Creator. Our work with the books, the group and the Rav are all aimed at developing a lack for this quality of bestowal, on top of our will to receive.

Beverly
          Participant

OK, in many of the lessons I get a flavor of Judaism. Is that the end goal of KabU?…In addition to waking up the world?

I’ve been studying Judaism for a few years and these lessons are the bases. The difference in the two is Kabbalah in this forum is open to all and Judaism is a close club for “Jews only”.

What I’ve never fully understood is if they have the answer to the world why is it a close club?

Anyway those are my thoughts.

Thanks

Hi Beverly. Judaism came from kabbalah, as did Christianity and Islam and most of the eastern religions. And it should be noted that no matter what a person’s religion might be, they can (and many do) study kabbalah. Also there is no reason to give up one’s religious traditions in order to study kabbalah.

Beverly
          Participant

PERFECT!! GOT IT!

Viewing 6 posts - 439 through 444 (of 515 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.