Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 43 through 48 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      AspiringAltruist
      Participant

I am somewhere in the stages of single concealment and double concealment, and it is absolutely miserable

Hi David,

We go through many ups and downs on the spiritual path, that’s normal. The important thing is to just keep going, to keep placing yourself under the influence of the light and it’ll balance everything out.

Keep in mind that if we’re experiencing any difficulty on the path, it’s a sign that we have not properly connected to the spiritual environment. It’s just like with the example of going to the gym and lifting weights. Naturally this is something extremely painful and unpleasant. But when we’re under a good influence of the gym environment, have friends that value such things, read lots of articles about staying healthy etc, we begin to enjoy these things. And what was previously a painful activity turns into something pleasurable. It all depends on the influence of the environment.

Here too you need to build for yourself a strong spiritual environment that will give you the support you need. And when you place yourself under the influence of the spiritual environment, you wont feel the path as painful, but as a fun challenge.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2012/10/bestowal-should-become-fashionable/

Albert @ KabU

AspiringAltruist
          Participant

Hi Albert, thank you for the clarification.  For context, the pain I am referring to is the loss of my son 7 years ago.  I still struggle with the pain of that loss on a regular basis.  This method of Kabbalah has provided me a healthy way to understand and reconcile that pain as a way to develop me and draw me closer to the creator.  Kabbalah has really been the only thing that makes that make sense.  In this lesson, it says that god doesn’t hear our prayers, for the most part.  I understand this to a certain extent in that everything that comes from the creator is good, and is meant to develop us. When I pray and ask God to take away the past, it is almost as if I’m saying that God you got it wrong. I’m trying to break through that, and trying to be thankful for everything. But it’s discouraging to think that God doesn’t hear our prayers.  what is the correct way to go to the creator with my heart with this pain I have?

Hi David,

I don’t want to comment on your personal situation because it is indeed something very painful and I don’t want to belittle it. I think it’s best to just continue for now. The more we develop spiritually, the more we’ll be able to understand and justify everything that the Creator does to us. And when we correct our ego and rise to a spiritual degree, we’ll have a completely different perception of everything that we went through.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/06/life-and-death-in-the-eyes-of-a-kabbalist/

Albert @ KabU

Cyndi
      Participant

I am confused regarding what reincarnation actually means during the double concealment state.

Also, the single concealment “being an incarnation” …

Thank you in advance for clarification

William Taylor
      Participant

Isn’t it better to live all in one community all together with our lives exposed to one another loving and doing our part to uplift the whole of the body and direct each other when we are bent and needing straitened? working toward the same goal to be one and the same with the creator.

Hi William,

At the beginning of the spiritual path, there are a lot of tendencies to isolate ourselves from the rest of the world. But the more we advance, the more we’ll begin to see that we don’t need to isolate ourselves. Even Baal HaSulam and Rabash were not living in isolation in some Kabbalistic environment, rather they had normal jobs, families, and lived in a typical neighborhood of their time. How then did they attain such high spiritual levels? By tapping into the strength of the spiritual environment.

So if we build for ourselves a strong spiritual environment, then it will influence us even stronger than the corporeal environment that we’re in. But this is not a one time choice. Building and strengthening the spiritual environment is our constant work. As we progress, our ego will grow more and more, and the corporeal environment will pull us more and more. This is done purposefully so that this resistance will force us to build an even stronger connection to the spiritual environment, and thereby reach an even higher spiritual level.

It’s just like with a bodybuilder. If he lifts only a 1 pound weight all the time, he will not get very strong (this is equivalent to us living in isolation or closing ourselves in a small community). In order to grow, that bodybuilder needs to constantly increase the resistance that he’s lifting. So the more we advance, the more we’ll begin to see how the everyday problems, experiences, work situations, etc we undergo in the regular society are a necessary part of our correction. That we don’t erase these things, but above them we need to stay connected to the spiritual environment. And this will determine the level of our spiritual attainment.

We’ll learn how to do this practically in the more advanced semesters of KabU.

Albert @ KabU

Dan
      Participant

Is following along enough of an instructor?

Hi Dan,

Yes, it’s like a baby in the hands of the mother. The baby does not understand anything about life and relies completely on the mother to take care of it and lead it to the right place. We too don’t know anything about reaching spirituality and we rely completely on the Kabbalists that preceded us and on the Kabbalistic group.

The only difference is that the baby is naturally led by the mother, while we have to consciously place ourselves in the hands of the Kabbalistic group and allow it to lead us towards the goal. We’ll learn about these things in the more advanced lessons.

Albert @ KabU

Dan
      Participant

What’s the best way to get a group?

Hi Dan,

In the advanced semester of KabU, everyone will receive their own Kabbalah group with whom they can put all these things into practice.

Albert @ KabU

Shel
      Participant

Once a person passes the barrier, is it possible for them to fall back to earlier states?

Hi Shel,

There is a rule that “one is raised in holiness and never lowered.” So we never go backwards. It’s possible that we receive an additional challenge that belongs to a higher degree and that challenge can feel like we’re going backwards, but it’s still a step forward. Similar to how a bodybuilder that masters a five pound weight moves on to ten pounds. That ten pounds is much more challenging and he cannot do as many reps as before, but this is nonetheless considered progress and advancement.

Albert @ KabU

Shel
          Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 43 through 48 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.