Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 133 through 138 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Melanie
      Participant

Can you give an example in real life on how to accept the gifts of the Creator on a day to day basis without getting my brain cells all twisted?  For example;  I am eating this delicious mango my Creator has so kindly given me.  I am eating it with all my attention while giving thanks and enjoying each bite knowing that I am eating this mango for my Creator who is enjoying me enjoying this mango.  Another example is I am doing this task for my employer with a light heart no matter how difficult it is knowing that I am doing this task for my Creator who is enjoying me carrying out the task with a light heart and enjoying the process.   I am looking for a simple way on how to do this on a practical day to day minute to minute basis with the awareness that whatever I am doing it is the Creator who is allowing me to do anything; therefore, I am doing I am carrying out every task with a joy-full heart to give my Creator the pleasure of giving and, me the pleasure of receiving.  I know my understanding is kind of simple minded but I need something more tangible to understand and practice the teaching.

Melanie,
        🙂 we don’t have an online store where you can buy a charm or a secret mantra to repeat and then everything that you will do will be for the sake of the Creator.
        Imagine that you have a daughter and she wants to dance so you take her to dance class.  And she is dancing on the first day.  You can call it dance and you can call the exercises that we are doing today like connecting to the Creator.
        So think of taking your daughter to dance class several times a week every week, summer, winter, spring, fall, driving to performances.  She is at home practicing in her room.  You go to watch other professional dancers and then, when your daughter is 20 she is accepted into the prestigious dance academy.
        She was a dancer when she was 5 and she is a dancer when she is 20.
        To dance is to dance, but you can understand how many hours of investment and effort she has made so when she spins now it is not the same spin as she made then, etc..
        We will study the sources and draw the lights upon us that change us, we will do work in our spiritual environment to learn how to love above our differences and through all of these processes we will discover the Creator and how to relate to him.
        Continue on with your exercises and exert in your study and to fulfill what we are learning and soon you will start to feel changes.
        Seth@KabU

Jeffrey
      Participant

So the intention ” I do this completely to fulfill the Creator” this in turn will bring the creature joy?

Melanie
        Participant

Thank you.  Good answer.

Jeffrey,
        You are talking about a material creature who receives pleasures from this world.
        As long as a creature in this world is filled with pleasures than that creature will not develop.
        So after the fulfillment, the light leaves the vessels and this causes a yearning in the vessel for fulfillement and person goes through many incarnations trying to fill this emptiness, wealth, family, honor, knowledge, power, etc.
        Until a person despairs of being able to fill himself in this world and then a desire for something eternal awakens in him.
        This is seed of spiritual joy.  Now we have an opportunity to be filled with love from our relationship to the Giver, from whom all pleasures come.
        Seth@KabU

Jack Brenon
      Participant

The Massach, the “Not for me”, does this apply to all desires such food, sex, money, wealth, power, and knowledge? or just a spiritual desire to reveal God?  I am not sure, I can say, I am eating this cake or sleeping with that woman, or shorting that stock despite what it does to the market or the corporation financial health, BUT it is not for me, I have the desire to do it and I am doing it for giving contentment to God.  I must be misunderstanding the concept, or am I?

Jack,
        I started understanding your question but the more I read it the more I’m sure I’m not sure what you are asking.
        Are you saying you understand being able to pray for the sake of the Creator but you’re not sure about shorting a stock for the sake of the Creator?
        Don’t worry about what you’ll do when you acquire perception of the spiritual reality above time and space.  When you are there you will know what to do and you won’t make a mistake about it.
        In the meantime, try to to understand the structure of the these relations and dynamics that the kabbalists are writing to us about.
        They tell us that malchut made a restriction that she would not receive the direct light into her vessel.  Then she makes a calculation, I will let the light in, only on the condition that I can enjoy this for the sake of the Creator.
        See if you can find where these kind of emotions are.  What does this feel like even on the smallest degree.
        You will start to understand and feel a little bit and build this structure in your inner feelings and then you will approach life with a different operating system.
        Seth@KabU

Mixedmultitude
      Participant

I have been studying with Rav Laitman casually for 20 years and while the methods of Kabbalah absolutely ring true with my life experience/revelations, this special language seems so cultish. Like we have to speak the lingo to join the club. I don’t want to be in the club but I genuinely desire to study further, to attain the worlds beyond and for unification with the Creator. I just continually get turned off  by getting sucked into the organization. Is this typical or am I just stuck in this lifetime?

Nikola Patafta
        Participant

Same here.

Mixed multitude,
        Write. Try to convey what you’ve learned  in a clear, clean modern language without any of the confusing terminology.  Take an article of Baal Hasulam or Rabash or take a lesson of Rav and clean it up, write it in a simple way.

I look forward to reading what you write. I’m excited to see what you come up with.
        Do it. It will help you and it may help many others who are unable to approach the wisdom for the same reasons and would benefit by the authentic wisdom being conveyed in a simple language for more people.
        This is a sign of the light spreading.

The problem is if you are not connected to the group and doing the inner work, you are just making up  what you think the wisdom is about.
        But try anyway, it is a good step forward to work with the materials.
        Seth@KabU

Hooman
      Participant

Could you please explain Aviut a little more?

I am a bit confused as to how Aviut is used in the “Preface To The Wisdom of Kabbalah” and the definition given in “Whose Reality Is Reality”

“We must understand this cleansing, which we achieve through Torah and Mitzvot, and what is the Aviut (thickness/coarseness/will to receive) within us, which we should cleanse using Torah and Mitzvot.” (from Preface To The Wisdom of Kabbalah)

“Kabbalists have a name for the will to receive—Aviut. Aviut actually means thickness, not desire. But they use this term because the greater the will to receive, the more layers are added to it.” (from Whose Reality Is Reality).

Is it correct to say that we should use Torah and Mitzvot to “improve” Aviut or our will to receive?

Hooman,

Aviut is a the degree of selfish desire that separates a person from the Creator.
        A simple person who lives simply with no big desire and no ambition cannot attain much but a person in whom his ego is great,  the great ego separates a person from the Creator.   We use this desire as a lever to recognize what the Creator made and how to approach the Creator.
        Seth@KabU

Hooman
      Participant

Could you please let me know if I am understanding this concept correctly?

There are 4 categories to perception:

A.      Matter

B.       Form in matter

C.       Abstract form

D.      Essence

I have learned that in studying the wisdom of Kabbalah, we should only focus on Matter and Form in matter since Abstract form and Essence are prohibited because we cannot perceive them, we have no knowledge or tools to understand them.

When we talk about the “Equivalence of Form” with the Creator, is this “Form” the same as Form as part of the Form in matter mentioned above (different levels of perception)?

Obviously, the Creator has no matter and since it is prohibited to study Abstract form and the Essence of the Creator, we can only perceive His Form in the form of the Light that he bestows upon us.

I am wondering if these Forms are the same, Equivalence of form with the Creator as a way to perceive Him through his light.

Thank you

Hooman

Hooman,
        It won’t work to try and out smart the kabbalist or find some loophole in what they wrote.
        The kabbalists are writing to us from their attainment.
        It’s like an optical illusion, we think we are seeing something, but in actuality it is something else.
        When we are working with the texts, we try to calibrate what we are seeing with what the kabbalists are seeing, by this we reformat ourselves to see reality through spiritual vessels.

The form of the Creator is to bestow.
        Our matter is the will to receive.
        The form of our matter is also in order to receive.  We receive with the intention to receive.
        We can’t change our matter, which is a will to receive, but we can change our form that we will receive in order to bestow contentment upon the Creator.  In that we can become like Him, our form and His form will be the same.
        Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 133 through 138 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.