Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 5 Discuss Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 85 through 90 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Ludumo Diniso
      Participant

hello again, today i have a two part question.
      1. how do i increse my desire and yearning so as to be filled with more of the creator’s light? as i understand it, the amount of light that can fill my Kli is only limited by the amount of desire i have, hence the question.

2. what is the difference between Ein Sof and the Light of Ein Sof?

Hi Ludumo,

1. The Kabbalists tell us that “envy, lust, and honor take a person out of the world”. Meaning that if we use these seemingly negative qualities in their correct way, within the spiritual environment, then we can evoke greater and greater desires within ourselves until we build a true desire for spirituality, for bestowal. It’s just like in our world, when people use advertising to get us to want things we don’t normally want. The only difference is that here, instead of advertising reception, we advertise bestowal to each other.

We’ll learn more about these things in the upcoming semester. In the meantime, check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2012/10/bestowal-should-become-fashionable/

2. Ein Sof is commonly translated from Hebrew as infinity. But here the literal translation “without end” is more accurate. This is referring to the state in which the desire is completely fulfilled, to the max. Similar to how you can take a cup and fill it up to the max where it’s impossible to add any more liquid to the cup. Even if you add one more drop it will just spill over. So if you take a desire and fill it with pleasure to the max, that state is called Ein Sof. Keep in mind that we’re talking about spiritual desires and spiritual fulfillment, meaning that of bestowal.

As for the light, this is the force that is opposite the desire. All that was created was the desire to receive pleasure. The force that created this desire and fulfills it is the light. So the light is the Creator, the pure quality of bestowal. We can also say that light = pleasure, since this is what fulfills that desire. So the light of Ein Sof is the pleasure that completely fulfills that spiritual desire.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2014/12/what-is-the-light/

Albert @ KabU

Denise
      Participant

How do I eradicate the belief system I have about the Creator, the world and the way things should be as I was taught growing up? I am reading and listening and trying to put things into perspective but still my belief system (ie. ego) gets in the way.

Hi Denise,

In truth, we all have a certain set of baggage with which we come to the wisdom of Kabbalah. But we don’t need to fight these things or to force changes upon ourselves. All the changes we experience here are not due to our own strength or wisdom. Rather all the changes we undergo are due to the force of the light that we extract from the Kabbalistic studies. Ultimately this is the only force that can change us. So it does not matter what baggage you came with. The important thing is to keep placing yourself under the influence of the light, and it will make all the necessary changes and corrections.

For this reason, it’s good to set aside some time to regularly return to the source of the light, meaning to the Kabbalistic sources, videos, lessons, etc. Such a habit will help you throughout your entire spiritual development.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: http://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

Niklas
      Participant

From your previous reply I read the article “The Worse, the Better” which put my heart at ease somewhat. Thank you very much.

Still, it is becoming abundantly clear to me how EVERYTHING I do is a result of an egoistical calculation. This is tremendously frustrating.

Now, the only thing I really have to work with is my intention. This has been clear to me for a long time now. Right now, my intention is to “do everything for the sake of the Creator”. I hold on to this intention. Hour by hour, day and night.

I also realised that this very intention itself is based on an egoistical calculation as well :(.

Please tell me that holding on to this intention is enough. I am used to physical pain, I am used to frustration and whatnot. It is not a problem anymore. BUT I need one intention I can hold onto. Otherwise, I have no means of going through the pain.

Hi Niklas,

Our very nature is egoistic. So we shouldn’t expect anything good to come out of our nature. On the contrary, we will see again and again to what extent this ego rules us in everything. And that’s okay. After all, we were created like this on purpose. So no one is demanding of us to be saints, no one is demanding of us to have superhuman strength and to conquer our ego. Nope. All that we need to do, and all that we’re capable of doing actually, is just to try. That’s it. We just need to try to be above the ego. We don’t need to succeed, we just need to try. Such efforts are enough to extract the reforming light and it’s the light that ultimately makes all the corrections on us. Our work is only to extract the light, especially during the Kabbalistic studies, and it does all the rest.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2012/03/building-blocks-of-the-first-spiritual-degree/

Albert @ KabU

Esther
      Participant

I have some trouble with the concept of the human being above all other creatures.  We know animals have strong emotional states, and it seems some, like elephants,  even have spiritual beliefs and we know many have language
      I get that other animals are in tune with the law of nature and humans are not, but there’s some species chauvinism in the way it’s presented that disturbs me.  Can you address that?

I get the idea of having to change one’s intention and inner state to create change in the world.  I agree.  But I think many people (myself included) who are working      as advocates for the environment are attuned to the oneness of nature and use that as a source of inspiration and as a guide to our work.  The connections people make to further that goal are also creating an equivalence of form, right? And though we are different individuals we hold a common idea and intention.  How does that differ from a ten besides that the goal is different, though I think many of us are driven by spiritual ideas of balance, harmony and love of creation.

Thanks for your answer.  They’re always interesting.

Hi Esther,

You’re right, in practice we see that humans are not above animals. In practice we see that humans are the cause of all the harm in the world. In potential on the other hand, humans are much higher than animals. This is because humans have an egoistic nature while animals do not. So although animals are naturally in tune with nature, this connection is very small, on the level of instincts. Humans on the other hand were given a giant ego that separates them from nature, from the Creator. Which is not a bad thing. Since the bigger the ego, the more that humans have to overcome, and as a result the greater the connection they will ultimately reach with the Creator.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2011/02/the-worse-the-better/

As for creating change in the world, as we learned in the lesson on the perception of reality, the entire external world is a reflection of my own uncorrected state. As such, if I want to change the external world, I need to change myself. In other words the world is perfect. Once I correct myself, I will see it as such.

If you have the time, I recommend that you read Baal HaSulam’s article “Peace in the World“.

https://kabbalahmedia.info/en/sources/hqUTKcZz?language=en

Albert @ KabU

Marcin
      Participant

Is this state of equlibrium a static one ? I mean is it the final state that we want to reach?

Or, maybe it is a kind of dynamic balance like during the walking – we keep the balance at every step but we also fall out of the balnce in order to move?

Maria
      Participant

1.    Equivalence of form. Like the seed that becomes a tree that produces a fruit that has a seed that becomes a tree without much input, without making any resistant to it.

2.    I am seeking for the creator because I do not want to suffer anymore or see any suffering as I perceive in my reality. This is not altruistic…this seeking is for my own benefit and gratification

3.    I thought that I connect to the creator first and then he will uncover the altruistic  love for humanity on me -“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” –

Hi Maria,

Are these questions or just reflections? Let me know if you have a question about any of these things.

Albert @ KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 85 through 90 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.