How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 3. Understanding Your Inner Self How can we ever be satisfied if the pleasure always neutralizes our desire?

• This topic has 93 replies, 91 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by peter.
Viewing 6 posts - 25 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Seeker of Wisdom
      Participant

By bestowal. Receiving pleasure from seeing fulfillment in others. When you do not expect anything in return you can be satisfied and freed from the misuse of desire (by having the desire to see others fulfilled).

Laurel
      Participant

Temporarily.  When the pleasure subsides than my egoistic desires return.  (I hope I understood the question right)

NAT
      Participant

pretty sure this is why many of us get stuck in dopamine reward feedback loops

Juan Londono
      Participant

If I have a desire to bond with the creator, not for my benefit, but to bring joy and happiness to the creator and the world around me…  The cup can be filled endlessly and the pleasure felt boundlessly.  If your desire is for something great and beautiful like adhesion to God and all of existence the satisfaction is beyond measure when you fulfill this desire.

Rae
        Participant

Beautiful ❤️

Michael
      Participant

By expanding our vessel to include the desires of others and their fulfillment.

Tracey N
      Participant

I think the lack of lasting pleasure and fulfillment is the thing which drives people forward through many attempts to achieve it until we realise there is no fulfillment without the creator. Only He provides lasting pleasure.

Viewing 6 posts - 25 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.