Preparation Question: What does it mean to connect with others? In what desire are we connected?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Experience Week 2 Discuss Preparation Question: What does it mean to connect with others? In what desire are we connected?

Viewing 6 posts - 187 through 192 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Rachel
      Participant

This means to correct the selfish ego which only wants recieving to bestowal which is to to give and care for your neighbour instead.

Camila
      Participant

To shift from an egoistic perception of reality to a perception based on bestowal means disconnecting from my desires and start connecting with the group’s desires. It means connecting with the group on a high degree, creating a connection on a spiritual level.

Mira Brooks
      Participant

To connect with others relates to truly loving one’s neighbors as oneself, to where we can relate to their desires and understand the commonalities that unite us. As has been described, we are part of one universal self, like cells in an organism. We can connect through altruism to one another and build unity.

Marion
      Participant

Somehow I’m confused by the question. When you say ‘what does it mean’, do you mean how does it feel, or what do the books say, or what do I imagine it would be like? I have only ever known reality from an egoic perspective, I can’t imagine any other reality than the one I know or one based on the things I know.

Paul
      Participant

It means coming together to the understanding by trial and error, that despite the feeling of being  apart and different, opposites from another,  there is only one loving source or force,  : we all are one, multifaceted organism, or soul, with the intention to reconnect ourselves  by means of a mutual  desire to become one whole unity, aspiring  equivalence of form with the Creator.

Hing
      Participant

Q: What does it mean to shift from an egoistic perception of reality to a perception based on bestowal?

A shift in identity — from believing what my physical eyes and ego see (which is a reality made up of separate objects), to believing that part of me which knows I belong to a greater whole and which senses that we are connected.

Viewing 6 posts - 187 through 192 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.