Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 313 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Michelle
      Participant

to restrict the desire to receive for self alone to bestow to the friends.

Jennifer
      Participant

to me…it means to, as best you can, be aware of all your actions, to question why you do/did them, and then to work to change that intention and behavior towards one of compassion, patience, grace, acceptance, forgiveness and love. i’ve been doing this with those closest to me and the results have been beautiful. but who knows, lol…this may not be the right answer to the question of what it means to shift from ego to bestowal.

Scott
      Participant

I believe we don’t lose the ego or become completely capable of bestowal, so it’s mostly intention based. Therefore, we’re using the method of Kabbalah and intention to receive to create an intention to bestow

Annmarie
      Participant

To shift from egoistic perception of reality to a perception of bestowal we must begin to see through our life’s experiences by feeling the Upper Forces. To do this we must feel the light of the Creator. We must receive (everything that comes to us) with an intention of pleasing the Creator. If we can keep that intention, to please the Creator, we will become givers like the Creator; and therefore, our egoism will shift to bestowal.

Annmarie

Marina
      Participant

Changing our egoistic nature to receive with an intention to bestow.

melanie
      Participant

I would need to know my egoistic nature is to receive and strive to uncover a point in the heart.

In doing so I begin the attainment of the 125 degrees of bestowal.

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 313 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.