Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 265 through 270 (of 329 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Ralitza
      Participant

In any given moment, we try to change the question we automatically ask ourselves: “What can this situation give me?” into a question: “What do I have to give in this situation?”.

Joseph
      Participant

Focusing on the term to shift; meaning, for myself, is in the process of evolution and emergence towards becoming a spiritual creature.

Maria B. W12
      Participant

First the realization that in fact we don’t know how to love and give because we are made egoists by the Upper Force.  Then, by learning the pah of Kabbalah realize that “There is nothing else besides Him” and begin to consciously practice working on our bestowal above our ego to the friends but with the ultimate goal in our mind and heart to bestow to God through His Creature. And hence allow to all f us to adopt qualities of the Creator while building Adam.

Mark
      Participant

To makes corrections from egoistic, selfish perceptions to those of love and bestowal toward others. Basically, to truly love your neighbor as yourself.

Gelaye Gudisa
      Participant

This requires a total shift in perceiving reality in general, what we feel is bad is not bad and what we feel is good is not good. Convincing yourself about this may be, it has gone take some time. Thank you.

Iggy
      Participant

To be more selfless ..to think of others before a thought arises for oneself.

Viewing 6 posts - 265 through 270 (of 329 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.