Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 253 through 258 (of 337 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      John
      Participant

This is the turning point, and I am not sure I will be able to make it. I don’t want to let go of my will to receive, and I don’t see my way open to changing to full bestowal.  If something changes within me, and I see the attraction and possibility of this change, that is good. I am open to the idea, but frankly I still feel that I have not received what I want in this life and that a lot has been taken from me.  If the course changes this, that is why I am doing it, but this is what I am feeling right now.
      I do have a greater desire for the good of all humanity and I do recognize love as the essential energy of the universe, so let’s see where that takes me

Kári Allansson
      Participant

I think Yvon puts it nicely: “To receive from the Creator with the sole intention to give back to him and to live our neighbour as ourselves”. I understand live as love…

tom
      Participant

The more we use our EGO to bestow upon others, the lesser sorrows we have for ourselves. I suppose that changes our frequency, by which we perceive another reality. Like changing the TV-channel

Leo
      Participant

If my girlfriend gives me flowers, I receive them in order to give her pleasure.

Dee
      Participant

Change our perceptions and develop our Klee by a different calibration. Connection with bestowal and love of others draws the reform light to help us attain equivalence of form and grow our egoism. A Torah life with the passion of desire in the heart attracts the light.

Wendi
      Participant

It means Childhood’s End. Also a novel by Arthur C. Clarke who provided tremendous insights in a futuristic science fiction context.

Viewing 6 posts - 253 through 258 (of 337 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.